2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance
03-23-2024, (Subject: 2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance ) 
RE: 2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance
(03-23-2024 )8pitcher Wrote:  Found the problem once I started to tear the truck apart. The intake line on the cam completely fell apart. But wasn’t something I could visually see until after I removed the rockers. So now I’m waiting on parts gonna roll in new bearings, oil pump, cam, rollers on the rockers.

maybe post a pic of the failure?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-23-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-23-2024 )8pitcher Wrote:  Found the problem once I started to tear the truck apart. The intake line on the cam completely fell apart. But wasn’t something I could visually see until after I removed the rockers. So now I’m waiting on parts gonna roll in new bearings, oil pump, cam, rollers on the rockers.

maybe post a pic of the failure?.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: ktblogistics
Wow, you let that one go for a LONG time. I've never seen one that worn.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
03-24-2024, (Subject: 2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance ) 
(03-23-2024 )tree98 Wrote:  Wow, you let that one go for a LONG time. I've never seen one that worn.

It smoked for 2k miles. To make it home only about 4 days it smoked.
replyreply
03-25-2024, (Subject: 2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance ) 
(03-24-2024 )8pitcher Wrote:  
(03-23-2024 )tree98 Wrote:  Wow, you let that one go for a LONG time. I've never seen one that worn.

It smoked for 2k miles. To make it home only about 4 days it smoked.

you can tell yourself that, but it serves no purpose except to fool yourself ...

That cam lobe did not get that way in only a few k miles.. it has been bad for a VERY long time, and is a clear sign of neglect of the top-end.. which means most of the the rest of the engine is likely as neglected too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 8pitcher

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.