Conversion x15 2250 - 2350
03-24-2024, (Subject: Conversion x15 2250 - 2350 ) 
RE: Conversion x15 2250 - 2350
(03-23-2024 )JimT Wrote:  So, since this is a bit of Q&A here, I've been wondering, why can't someone drop in a newer engine with it's corresponding ECM? I assume at least part of the problem has to do with the other OEM and 3rd party systems, but is there any reason why those other systems and the accompanying wiring can't be swapped out instead for newer components (assuming they are available)?

Because scenario A = simply adapt/edit the programming.

and Scenario B = Having to adapt/edit the programming any ways, due to having to edit all the network addresses, buss speeds, etc for the j1939. Now, add on top of that ... having to completely re-wire the entire vehicle harness, finding the right pins and make custom plugs for any vehicle-specific things, hoping they will adapt, plus a lot of other headaches, like trying to get an old tranny to talk to new ecm if its an autos%itter, .. and a whole lot of other issues sometimes, like ABS system not liking it, and other things to go with it.

I.E.> Scenario B turns it into an utter, expensive nightmare that takes 10x as much down time and issues to solve.

and I never recommend replacing an engine with a different model any ways. .. It is always best to simply replace the engine if need be with the same make/model for the best outcome and the least problems in the end... and to keep it legal (or at least the appearance of legal) too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.