Cylinder Head Combustion Face Cracking
10-14-2016, (Subject: Cylinder Head Combustion Face Cracking ) 
Cylinder Head Combustion Face Cracking
Just Found this alert, wanted to share

Attached File(s)
.pdf  CSP_Service_Alert_04-16_ISX_cylinder_head_cracking.pdf (Size: 468 KB / Downloads: 267)
replyreply
RE: Cylinder Head Combustion Face Cracking
Thanks for the bulliten posting.

This problem has been around forever,.. but most of the heads I have seen myself actually crack like this were the result of a bad delete. The Big-name deletes, and all the smaller companies that copy their bad methods are notorious for this type of head cracking even at lower HP ratings.

More on bad deletes...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...01#pid5901

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I've seen this type of crack countless times on engines in their standard factory form. There has to be some other explanation for it, perhaps the constant high coolant temps, perhaps the casting around the injector bore needs to be thicker, who knows....
replyreply
They crack like that in this country whether they have a mm tune or completely stock . Some do it before they have done 400,000 km so not very many miles
replyreply
My theory on it is constant high torque combined with high water temps and high ambient temps takes its toll on these engines, the head is without a doubt the weakest link in these engines in my opinion
replyreply
This problem isn't just limited to isx. Most cats I pull down are like that on at least a couple cylinders. Thousands of heat cycles combined with high cylinder pressures and less than perfect injector flows, something has to give
replyreply
10-15-2016, (Subject: Cylinder Head Combustion Face Cracking ) 
Very Interesting theories.

Basic Magnaflux...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.