Decomp tube correct angle
05-29-2024, (Subject: Decomp tube correct angle ) 
Decomp tube correct angle
Not sure if this question has ever been asked but I recently found out there is supposed to be a set angle of 45 degree on these decomp tube's. So my question is how are you to calculate the angle and what are you using as a base line. It all makes sense being the grates have a angle to them so that it directs the def to the SCR. I will try and post a picture of mine so we can try and figure this out. Thanks everyone.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
05-29-2024, (Subject: Decomp tube correct angle ) 
RE: Decomp tube correct angle
(05-29-2024 )desert rooster cruiser Wrote:  Not sure if this question has ever been asked but I recently found out there is supposed to be a set angle of 45 degree on these decomp tube's. So my question is how are you to calculate the angle and what are you using as a base line. It all makes sense being the grates have a angle to them so that it directs the def to the SCR. I will try and post a picture of mine so we can try and figure this out. Thanks everyone.

Adding a screenshot of this info to show what he is referring to...

./uploads/202405/post_2_1716995530_cb1c30801c845e00be8bc57acf209cc1.jpg
(right click and choose 'view image' to see a larger version).

You can always check it with a magnetic saw-blade leveler gauge to see what angle it is sitting at ...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-02-2024, (Subject: Decomp tube correct angle ) 
RE: Decomp tube correct angle
That procedure mentions adding anti-seize to the threads of the v-band clamps. An older exhaust related procedure for my cm2250 said to apply anti-seize to the inner v surface of the band clamps and I can say it works wonders. Not only easing removal, but it allows the clamp to adjust freely during install ensuring more uniform pressure around the circumference.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.