Isx leak
07-20-2024, (Subject: Isx leak ) 
Isx leak
Got a cm870 04 built date. 860k miles. Leaking oil from bottom front section of engine. Don’t know if it’s crank seal or the front structure gasket. Leaking badly. Any suggestions? Picture down below is what it leaves at every stop I make sometimes worse. Thanks

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
07-21-2024, (Subject: Isx leak ) 
RE: Isx leak
Could be anyone's guess. ... wipe everything down and find exactly where its coming from.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 3406E
09-01-2024, (Subject: Isx leak ) 
Cleaned everything and change the crank seal, still leaking loosing a gallon a week messing up all over under the truck. Anyone knows quote or estimate to get front gear seal replaced?

replyreply
09-01-2024, (Subject: Isx leak ) 
I would like to get it done at the Cummins shop in griffin that’s everyone recommendeds
replyreply
09-02-2024, (Subject: Isx leak ) 
(09-01-2024 )3406E Wrote:  I would like to get it done at the Cummins shop in griffin that’s everyone recommendeds

SO far, you have not shown a single pic of where the leak is originating from .. nor any detail .. so its anyone's guess.

that place you mentioned would be ...
Mr. Hag's shop - 'Haggai automotive' in griffin, GA.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Will send better pictures when I go back underneath but it’s mostly leaking at the two front sides

replyreply
think the oil pan is leaking too, whoever did it put permatex on both sides of the gasket in the corners.all 4 corners is done like that

replyreply
Also found out awhile ago that it’s a after market oil pan made by some company called spectra premium on it, was always wondering why is my oil pan black

replyreply
Can also see it dripping from bolts

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.