Fuel restriction/leak down/high psi fuel related cummins tools
10-04-2016, (Subject: Fuel restriction/leak down/high psi fuel related cummins tools ) 
Shocked Fuel restriction/leak down/high psi fuel related cummins tools
Looking through cummins insite tests, I see they have tools for the high psi fuel pump test, high psi leak down test tool, fuel inlet restriction test tools.

The leak down test requires 5 isolation fittings.

My question is I priced these out from cummins and it comes out to be just over 1k in tools.

These "tools" are basically just isolation type fittings.

Does anyone know if they sell a kit somewhere with these fittings, might be cheaper then buying them individually from cummins, or can I find these fittings through a cheaper place??

I have insite but I do not have the proper tools to check the fuel system side
replyreply
10-04-2016, (Subject: Fuel restriction/leak down/high psi fuel related cummins tools ) 
RE: Fuel restriction/leak down/high psi fuel related cummins tools
If you are talking about fitting for checking fuel pressure and what not. Check out and hydraulic supply store or Amazon might have them too. Same with the gauges.
replyreply
10-05-2016, (Subject: Fuel restriction/leak down/high psi fuel related cummins tools ) 
RE: Fuel restriction/leak down/high psi fuel related cummins tools
(10-04-2016 )joed2323 Wrote:  Looking through cummins insite tests, I see they have tools for the high psi fuel pump test, high psi leak down test tool, fuel inlet restriction test tools.

The leak down test requires 5 isolation fittings.

My question is I priced these out from cummins and it comes out to be just over 1k in tools.

These "tools" are basically just isolation type fittings.

Does anyone know if they sell a kit somewhere with these fittings, might be cheaper then buying them individually from cummins, or can I find these fittings through a cheaper place??

I have insite but I do not have the proper tools to check the fuel system side

I would contact Mr. Hag here on the forum. He deals with a LOT of fuel system and pressure related problems on the ISX and is very good at it. He has made his own custom tools for it too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.