Isx head question
09-08-2016, (Subject: Isx head question ) 
RE: Isx head question
./uploads/201609/post_1976_1473372438_9e15318d4191e9035a3f1181b2478b50.jpegWell pulled the head. I didn't see the signs of oil leak I was hoping for so maybe the gear case. The cam bearings was about shot. They was a few things that maybe odd not sure. The cam gears popped off with no problem nothing like I was expecting. Maybe 20 to 30 pounds on bolts of puller. Also head practically separated itself from the block. Here is a pic or 2 of progress. The bracket I used was from a auto parts store I spent between 30 and 50 for bracket
replyreply
09-08-2016, (Subject: Isx head question ) 
(09-08-2016 )ahm700 Wrote:  Well pulled the head. I didn't see the signs of oil leak I was hoping for so maybe the gear case. The cam bearings was about shot. They was a few things that maybe odd not sure. The cam gears popped off with no problem nothing like I was expecting. Maybe 20 to 30 pounds on bolts of puller. Also head practically separated itself from the block. Here is a pic or 2 of progress. The bracket I used was from a auto parts store I spent between 30 and 50 for bracket

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201609/post_1976_1473377934_773de9a0b6f76a527e9015a620613574.jpeg
replyreply
10-10-2016, (Subject: Isx head question ) 
Ok got truck back together. I replaced head,both fuel pumps,damper,front and rear motor mounts,cab bushings,low and high fuel pressure regulators,fan clutch,rear main seal,Bell housing gasket and clutch. Around a year ago had a shop replace clutch and rebuild transmission. They put the wrong clutch in it the springs on the clutch disc was hitting fly wheel bolts. I have been running for about a week or around 2500 miles and seem to be in the 7 mpg range. I am running the 650 tune and will be going back to the 485 tune in a few days when I get settled into the run I going to be on. So fuel mileage should go up from there. The vibration I have been chasing is probably 90% gone.
replyreply
10-13-2016, (Subject: Isx head question ) 
Curious if there is a fuel gain or decrease from the tune change. Keep us posted
replyreply
(10-10-2016 )ahm700 Wrote:  Ok got truck back together. I replaced head,both fuel pumps,damper,front and rear motor mounts,cab bushings,low and high fuel pressure regulators,fan clutch,rear main seal,Bell housing gasket and clutch. Around a year ago had a shop replace clutch and rebuild transmission. They put the wrong clutch in it the springs on the clutch disc was hitting fly wheel bolts. I have been running for about a week or around 2500 miles and seem to be in the 7 mpg range. I am running the 650 tune and will be going back to the 485 tune in a few days when I get settled into the run I going to be on. So fuel mileage should go up from there. The vibration I have been chasing is probably 90% gone.
ahm700, did you do this work yourself?
I think you're referring to the Flywheel Housing/Rear Structure, if you are and you did, how was it to do, and any tips? I've done the flywheel housing on a S60, but not an ISX...yet.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(10-13-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 )ahm700 Wrote:  Ok got truck back together. I replaced head,both fuel pumps,damper,front and rear motor mounts,cab bushings,low and high fuel pressure regulators,fan clutch,rear main seal,Bell housing gasket and clutch. Around a year ago had a shop replace clutch and rebuild transmission. They put the wrong clutch in it the springs on the clutch disc was hitting fly wheel bolts. I have been running for about a week or around 2500 miles and seem to be in the 7 mpg range. I am running the 650 tune and will be going back to the 485 tune in a few days when I get settled into the run I going to be on. So fuel mileage should go up from there. The vibration I have been chasing is probably 90% gone.
ahm700, did you do this work yourself?
I think you're referring to the Flywheel Housing/Rear Structure, if you are and you did, how was it to do, and any tips? I've done the flywheel housing on a S60, but not an ISX...yet.

It's not that bad just be sure to get a good transmission Jack and also need to support engine.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.