Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin (/showthread.php?tid=5934)

Pages: 1 2

X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin - marek4792 - 03-07-2020

Stole it off Facebook, but it's pretty straight forward FF5776 (5micron) for 2350s and older, FF5825NN (4micron) for X15s only! Kinda trying to wrap my head around how a 1 micron difference would really cause x15 injector damage or bog down a 2350 as they are mostly the same besides design. Cummins filtration site says nothing about not being able to use the 5776 on a x15 but actually encourages the 5825 filter to be used as an upgrade on all common rail isx and x15 engines.

{un-trusted attachment deleted by Rawze.}

RE: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin - Unilevers - 03-07-2020

ya that 1 micron isnt going to make a difference either way. Sorry the fuel systems are almost identical except for spray angle of the injectors. The high pressure pumps are slightly different with dual lines and individual barrels/plungers in the pump head but the theory is the same and the barrel pump are very similar. I dont know the flow rate of the filters if they are drastically different sure, but i doubt they are. Cummins calls for a 5 micron on the X15, cm2250, and cm2350 for the pressure filter and a 10 micron for the suction filter.

Something else is going on, that is not the issue. Someone is trying to justify something that is above their head.

RE: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin - tree98 - 03-07-2020

Extremely close tolerance on the X15 injectors apparently closer than 5 microns?

RE: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin - marek4792 - 03-07-2020

(03-07-2020 )Unilevers Wrote:  ya that 1 micron isnt going to make a difference either way.

Someone is trying to justify something that is above their head.
Honestly, that's what I thought.

RE: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin - Rawze - 03-07-2020

(03-07-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  ...
{attachment deleted.}

Unless there is some kind of actual TSB, or other official document ... on an official website ... stuff spewed from crap websites like Facef$$ok, etc. does not really belong here.

-- just trying to protect the forum from mis-leading information.

RE: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin - smorgan87 - 03-07-2020

Truck drivers have got to be the most misinformed group of people ive ever seen in my life. I cant see the attachment but i can only guess this is just another example.

RE: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin - marek4792 - 03-07-2020

(03-07-2020 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Truck drivers have got to be the most misinformed group of people ive ever seen in my life. I cant see the attachment but i can only guess this is just another example.
It was pretty much a picture of what I've said on the top post saying the older 5776 filter can't be used on x15 engines without causing damage which I found no proof of on Fleetguard's site and easily discredited by Uni's expertise with x15. The picture apparently came from a Petro service center citing Fleetguard as a source although I found none. In other words, until an actual TSB or disclaimer comes out, I won't lose sleep over it.

RE: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin - SquareOne - 04-21-2023

Been a few years now.....Anyone have any more info on these fuel filters needing to be used on the X15 (Filter is a Fleetguard ff5825)? The FF5776 can be had much cheaper as they're damn proud of those "nano filtration" 4 micron filters.

My Cummins manual for the X15 does recommend this filter and I've come across a couple of documents saying to use these exclusively for the X15. What are you guys using?

RE: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin - SquareOne - 04-24-2023

I'll scoop a few up from the place I typically get them and report back. 4micron...that is tight tolerance for sure. - Maybe thats why this X15 is audibly different. Can't put my finger on it, just has a different sound than my older 2350....oh and the air compressor intake being plumbed right into the front of the turbo. Thats an interesting sound lol