X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin
03-07-2020, (Subject: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin ) 
X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin
Stole it off Facebook, but it's pretty straight forward FF5776 (5micron) for 2350s and older, FF5825NN (4micron) for X15s only! Kinda trying to wrap my head around how a 1 micron difference would really cause x15 injector damage or bog down a 2350 as they are mostly the same besides design. Cummins filtration site says nothing about not being able to use the 5776 on a x15 but actually encourages the 5825 filter to be used as an upgrade on all common rail isx and x15 engines.

{un-trusted attachment deleted by Rawze.}
replyreply
RE: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin
ya that 1 micron isnt going to make a difference either way. Sorry the fuel systems are almost identical except for spray angle of the injectors. The high pressure pumps are slightly different with dual lines and individual barrels/plungers in the pump head but the theory is the same and the barrel pump are very similar. I dont know the flow rate of the filters if they are drastically different sure, but i doubt they are. Cummins calls for a 5 micron on the X15, cm2250, and cm2350 for the pressure filter and a 10 micron for the suction filter.

Something else is going on, that is not the issue. Someone is trying to justify something that is above their head.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
Extremely close tolerance on the X15 injectors apparently closer than 5 microns?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(03-07-2020 )Unilevers Wrote:  ya that 1 micron isnt going to make a difference either way.

Someone is trying to justify something that is above their head.
Honestly, that's what I thought.
replyreply
(03-07-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  ...
{attachment deleted.}

Unless there is some kind of actual TSB, or other official document ... on an official website ... stuff spewed from crap websites like Facef$$ok, etc. does not really belong here.

-- just trying to protect the forum from mis-leading information.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
Truck drivers have got to be the most misinformed group of people ive ever seen in my life. I cant see the attachment but i can only guess this is just another example.
replyreply
(03-07-2020 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Truck drivers have got to be the most misinformed group of people ive ever seen in my life. I cant see the attachment but i can only guess this is just another example.
It was pretty much a picture of what I've said on the top post saying the older 5776 filter can't be used on x15 engines without causing damage which I found no proof of on Fleetguard's site and easily discredited by Uni's expertise with x15. The picture apparently came from a Petro service center citing Fleetguard as a source although I found none. In other words, until an actual TSB or disclaimer comes out, I won't lose sleep over it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
04-21-2023, (Subject: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin ) 
Been a few years now.....Anyone have any more info on these fuel filters needing to be used on the X15 (Filter is a Fleetguard ff5825)? The FF5776 can be had much cheaper as they're damn proud of those "nano filtration" 4 micron filters.

My Cummins manual for the X15 does recommend this filter and I've come across a couple of documents saying to use these exclusively for the X15. What are you guys using?
replyreply
04-24-2023, (Subject: X15 Spin-on Fuel Filter Bulletin ) 
I'll scoop a few up from the place I typically get them and report back. 4micron...that is tight tolerance for sure. - Maybe thats why this X15 is audibly different. Can't put my finger on it, just has a different sound than my older 2350....oh and the air compressor intake being plumbed right into the front of the turbo. Thats an interesting sound lol
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.