Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
vibration damper thoughts - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Pete & KW related Help... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: vibration damper thoughts (/showthread.php?tid=6086)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: vibration damper thoughts - GhostHauling - 10-29-2021

Should it be painted front & back & bolt holes while off and than installed ? Asking bc some others looked painted after installed. Just wondering if the thickness of the paint would effect torquing down and than when the paint wears off it’s not torqued properly.

RE: vibration damper thoughts - Rawze - 10-30-2021

(10-29-2021 )GhostHauling Wrote:  Should it be painted fully 360 degrees while off and than installed ? Asking bc some others looked painted after installing

acetone wash and some roughing up... some primer and some paint.

RE: vibration damper thoughts - GhostHauling - 10-30-2021

Well here goes nothing I’ll let you know if it improves the vibration

Well here goes nothing I’ll let you know if it improves the vibration

I had to cut my Saturday project before I got far it started raining, what’s the best way to stop the crank from turning while taking out the pulley/damper bolts?

RE: vibration damper thoughts - SquareOne - 10-30-2021

Man that damper looks a helluva lot better than the damper I returned !

It doesn’t appear to be used I don’t see bolt marks but I’m no expert it’s painted now. I made it as far as trying to break one bolt loose and the Engine turned counter-clockwise a smidge so I called it a day and cleaned up it started raining. I haven’t seen anyone mention how they stopped the crank from spinning? Do I need a dowel pin to pin the crank or just leave the breaker bar on the Crank turning port to hold why breaking them loose ?

RE: vibration damper thoughts - Volvo8873 - 10-31-2021

(10-30-2021 )GhostHauling Wrote:  It doesn’t appear to be used I don’t see bolt marks but I’m no expert it’s painted now. I made it as far as trying to break one bolt loose and the Engine turned counter-clockwise a smidge so I called it a day and cleaned up it started raining. I haven’t seen anyone mention how they stopped the crank from spinning? Do I need a dowel pin to pin the crank or just leave the breaker bar on the Crank turning port to hold why breaking them loose ?

Hold it where you stick your 3/4 ratchet in the little port in front of the engine when the overhead procedure is done. Or put it in gear if it is a manual?

RE: vibration damper thoughts - GhostHauling - 10-31-2021

Thank you I appreciate it !!!