Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Road warrior dpfs? - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Road warrior dpfs? (/showthread.php?tid=8686)

Road warrior dpfs? - windowrattler - 01-11-2023

Anyone have any luck with aftermarket dpf filters. {name removed} specificly.

RE: Road warrior dpfs? - Rawze - 01-11-2023

Every time that I have sen someone use an after-market DPF, it only lasted about a year or so and had problems.

Apparently, they do not use nearly as much precious metals in them and it causes higher output NOx readings, resulting in over-working the DEF system, etc. and on the DPF-only systems, they have trouble making a proper regen cycle.

I have seen this about 6 or 7 times in the past.

RE: Road warrior dpfs? - windowrattler - 01-11-2023

Thats what I kind of was reading and seeing also. The amount of precious metals oem vs aftermarket makes total sense with the prices.

RE: Road warrior dpfs? - hhow55 - 01-12-2023

Stay away from, Aftermarket!

RE: Road warrior dpfs? - Bengy88 - 01-12-2023

Speaking from experience (some customers don’t listen when you tell them which OEM parts to use) I’ve put a lot of that brand of dpf filters in….. I’ve had just a hand full last over a year. I’ve had a couple that lasted just a couple of months. When it came time for warranty to man up they avoided replacing the bad units, we all know that story lol. So would I use them? Hell yeah if my customer buys it…. I will also give no warranty on the labor for when it fails and they will know that up front. Would I buy one? No…. Unless I couldn’t find oem available and even at that I would plan on it failing.

RE: Road warrior dpfs? - Waterloo - 01-12-2023

I have been pricing these new OEM cans, they still want an absurd amount of monies for these things. If the old cans can be baked, I would do that, and then start saving up for a set of new OEM cans. Or, get rid of the issue all together.

RE: Road warrior dpfs? - windowrattler - 01-12-2023

Awesome feedback. I really appreciate it.

RE: Road warrior dpfs? - hhow55 - 01-12-2023

(01-12-2023 )Waterloo Wrote:  I have been pricing these new OEM cans, they still want an absurd amount of monies for these things. If the old cans can be baked, I would do that, and then start saving up for a set of new OEM cans. Or, get rid of the issue all together.

Get rid of them!!!!!!!!!!!, and dont look back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!