Road warrior dpfs?
01-11-2023, (Subject: Road warrior dpfs? ) 
Road warrior dpfs?
Anyone have any luck with aftermarket dpf filters. {name removed} specificly.
replyreply
RE: Road warrior dpfs?
Every time that I have sen someone use an after-market DPF, it only lasted about a year or so and had problems.

Apparently, they do not use nearly as much precious metals in them and it causes higher output NOx readings, resulting in over-working the DEF system, etc. and on the DPF-only systems, they have trouble making a proper regen cycle.

I have seen this about 6 or 7 times in the past.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thats what I kind of was reading and seeing also. The amount of precious metals oem vs aftermarket makes total sense with the prices.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
01-12-2023, (Subject: Road warrior dpfs? ) 
Stay away from, Aftermarket!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Speaking from experience (some customers don’t listen when you tell them which OEM parts to use) I’ve put a lot of that brand of dpf filters in….. I’ve had just a hand full last over a year. I’ve had a couple that lasted just a couple of months. When it came time for warranty to man up they avoided replacing the bad units, we all know that story lol. So would I use them? Hell yeah if my customer buys it…. I will also give no warranty on the labor for when it fails and they will know that up front. Would I buy one? No…. Unless I couldn’t find oem available and even at that I would plan on it failing.
replyreply
I have been pricing these new OEM cans, they still want an absurd amount of monies for these things. If the old cans can be baked, I would do that, and then start saving up for a set of new OEM cans. Or, get rid of the issue all together.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Awesome feedback. I really appreciate it.
replyreply
(01-12-2023 )Waterloo Wrote:  I have been pricing these new OEM cans, they still want an absurd amount of monies for these things. If the old cans can be baked, I would do that, and then start saving up for a set of new OEM cans. Or, get rid of the issue all together.

Get rid of them!!!!!!!!!!!, and dont look back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.