Retirement not working
03-21-2021, (Subject: Retirement not working ) 
RE: Retirement not working
The EGR being unplugged is a YUGE red flag. You really need to inspect the cams, that soot is going somewhere. If the EGR valve is an issue, they can sometimes be removed and cleaned, it may still be operational. I would do that, make sure it is operational.

If it were me, I would run the truck by your local PACCAR dealer and have them flash the ECM with the latest software, that way you can eliminate any bad programming that may be in there when you address the EGR Valve.

I would get the EGR valve working/replaced and install an oil by pass filter, Amsoil makes a universal kit, and you can use any oil filter that fits, you do not have to use theirs. If you want to fix that issue for good, get a load to Atlanta and go see Mr Hagg...

If the cams look good, do the overhead too, you have a solid motor. The lower end too, like Tree said, I would do that while you are getting her ready for the road.

Myself, if you can find a top fairing, will make a huge difference in MPGs, and if the motor is solid, you should be able to get 8+ mpg out of her all day long if you keep your foot out of it. My buddy just bought an 07 Volvo with the 870, and he is doing just that, up to 9+ at times. One week of hauling freight will pay for that fairing, should be an easy find at any salvage yard or even a dealership, they may have something laying around they would gladly get rid of.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Retirement not working - Waterloo - 03-21-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.