VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
05-22-2021, (Subject: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS ) 
RE: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
(05-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Looks like maybe some kind of wiring issues on the can-bus #2 still? or perhaps turbo hanging up only when it gets hot?

There is no reason that the engine brake should not be working that I am aware of except maybe those ecm communications, maybe dash settings that are incorrect? or turbo mechanical issues?

could also be that the turbo is only acting up / hanging up when it gets hot? ... its rare but does sometimes happen.

I just wanted to share my experience. I recently swapped out my turbo and actuator with a new one from Yiyito. Everything is great, but when I would go down a hill where I really needed engine brake my turbo wouldn’t work correctly. It would not come on, or only produce like 8psi which is not enough. I went over wires having to do with turbo and noticed some were too close to turbo and engine. I took a old leather glove and cut it and wrapped engine wires and wires coming from turbo. I zip tied them and pulled them away from the heat. I haven’t had any more issues. I think the issue was the heat.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , BlueTurbo , Techmech

Messages In This Thread
RE: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS - PuroCumminsPower - 05-22-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.