Oil pressure
07-10-2021, (Subject: Oil pressure ) 
RE: Oil pressure
(07-08-2021 )Cwmartinjr Wrote:  To the truck back to the shop and they found they had installed the idler pull to the fuel pump wrong and it broke the bolts and sent debri into the oil pan but they claim the screen got it all. Would this affect the oil pressure and if not what could be the cause?

I remember being warned about that exact scenario by either Rawze or Mr. Hagg when I did my inframe and replaced my fuel pump. Something about the procedure for installing those bolts you have to be very careful. (Or maybe it was installing the gear onto the fuel pump, not the idler gear?) Don't remember the full details off the top of my head. --- Either way, it sounds like the shop screwed up, admitted it and should be held liable, in my opinion. As for a screen catching the debris... what screen? All oil from the front gear box drains directly into the oil pan then gets sucked up by the oil pump. There is a perforated metal strainer on the oil pickup, but the holes in that are bigger than most oil passages in the engine and bearings so it's not gonna stop destructive debris from being circulated.

YES, debris from this event most definitely can clog up oil passages and cause major damage. The engine will most likely need to be taken back apart, thoroughly inspect all components for any damage and, if still viable, thoroughly flush all oil passages until all debris has been removed. Possibly needing another overhaul. If you're dealing with a shop footing the bill I would probably push for a complete replacement because I wouldn't trust anyone other than Mr. Hagg's shop to properly flush out that debris. I also wouldn't let them do the repair/replacement work, if possible.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker

Messages In This Thread
Oil pressure - Cwmartinjr - 07-08-2021,
RE: Oil pressure - Waterloo - 07-08-2021,
RE: Oil pressure - Rawze - 07-08-2021,
RE: Oil pressure - JimT - 07-10-2021
RE: Oil pressure - Alein2011 - 09-05-2021,
RE: Oil pressure - Rawze - 09-05-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.