Power Steering Noise
08-25-2023, (Subject: Power Steering Noise ) 
Power Steering Noise
Hey all. Got a front end alignment done on Tuesday afternoon, fix up the wandering I was having. Then Thursday morning I started getting noise while turning the wheel. At first it was non-existent at idle RPM and only noticable up around 1400 or so. Now however this morning (Friday) it's starting to make noise even at idle. Only happens when I actively turn the wheel.

Fluid and filter were last changed in either late 2018 or early 2019 by the old shop I used, so that was probably about 250-300k miles ago. Haven't had any other issues or symptoms, no loss of power, though it could be slightly harder to turn or it could just be in my head.

Unless I'm completely mistaken the power steering pump is on the back of the air compressor, which was completely replaced roadside back in either 2019 or 2020 (I'm on the road right now and don't remember off the top of my head).

I have no experience yet with power steering systems so any input, help and advice would be appreciated. Don't want to blindly poke at it or randomly replace parts if I can help it.

2012 Pete 587
ISX CM2250

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Power Steering Noise - JimT - 08-25-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.