ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
01-23-2017, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
I'm not a rocket scientist, but I grew up around the Big 3 in Detroit, worked in mom and pop auto shops back in the day, and now contract with the Big 3... The Big 3 that has lowered standards to keep the parts cheap to pay for all of the BS we all experience today... The same I am sure can be said of these manufacturers making these 500,000 mile class 8 trucks we have all seen, thank you EPA. And you too may just be the unfortunate owner of one, like myself...

$250 is cheap insurance, change the damn oil! Again, I am not a rocket scientist, but if you need an appendectomy or a hip replacement, give me a call. Gunshot wound, I can handle that too, or if you like to bite the tops off of beer bottles, or climb razor wire, I think my wife has the needed tools in her quilting set up to fix you up. Again, I am not a rocket scientist... But I know enough to change my damn oil.

Rant off. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot , LargeCar , Toolguy
Spinner tech told me the 560HE was the one to use for the ISX. WRONG!! The lower oil pressure will not spin the centrifuge fast enough to be useful. I cut my centrifuge bowl open when I did a 7000 mile oil change. The inside of the bowl was completely clean. I did not trap anything. I spoke with the TF Hudgins tech again, his answer to me was that the ISX is such a clean running engine, you may not see any deposits inside the bowl. Are you Frigging kidding me!! TF Hudgins sucks as far as customer service goes. Would I ever recommend any of their products, Hell No.
Good luck with yours, but I wouldn't hold my breath! Cut it open, and see for yourself.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , overshot , Waterloo , in2trux , Toolguy
(01-23-2017 )05ISX450 Wrote:  Spinner tech told me the 560HE was the one to use for the ISX. WRONG!! The lower oil pressure will not spin the centrifuge fast enough to be useful. I cut my centrifuge bowl open when I did a 7000 mile oil change. The inside of the bowl was completely clean. I did not trap anything. I spoke with the TF Hudgins tech again, his answer to me was that the ISX is such a clean running engine, you may not see any deposits inside the bowl. Are you Frigging kidding me!! TF Hudgins sucks as far as customer service goes. Would I ever recommend any of their products, Hell No.
Good luck with yours, but I wouldn't hold my breath! Cut it open, and see for yourself.

LMAO!!!! 2 miles down the road a mandated ISX looks like COAL, and is two or three viscosity levels higher than what was put in due to the soot! I know, I own one. Kill the mandate, and change the oil every 12,000 to 16,000 miles... I'm at 11,000 miles right now, and just starting to change color... Still golden brown and translucent on the stick, except for that little bit at the end. Roughly 1/8 of an inch of ugly. Just saying. And I fixed it in my driveway... ;-)

Oh, with a bit of phone support. I will not mention names. Saved my bacon, and my ASS.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux
01-24-2017, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
(01-23-2017 )05ISX450 Wrote:  Spinner tech told me the 560HE was the one to use for the ISX. WRONG!! The lower oil pressure will not spin the centrifuge fast enough to be useful. I cut my centrifuge bowl open when I did a 7000 mile oil change. The inside of the bowl was completely clean. I did not trap anything. I spoke with the TF Hudgins tech again, his answer to me was that the ISX is such a clean running engine, you may not see any deposits inside the bowl. Are you Frigging kidding me!! TF Hudgins sucks as far as customer service goes. Would I ever recommend any of their products, Hell No.

For $0.80, a $0.20 cotter pin, and a dozen beer I can make that thing work for you. In fact for the same price I can make the big 996 work just fine on an ISX.

Kindly refer to post #71 in this thread. That is a 996 on my CM871 in an '09 KW T800. I can hear that thing spin for a well over a minute when I shut the key off. Based on oil pressure charts, it's spinning at approx 5400rpm. It's workin just fine.

Just because some moron doesn't understand his employers product doesn't mean we don't.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , schISM , in2trux
02-08-2017, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
Well, it's been a while so I figured it was high time someone piled more crap onto the Rawze's Fault pile...

It's Rawze's fault. I have lost 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back, and I'm pissed about it!
It's Rawze's fault. I am an S60 man through and through. I miss me my S60's. Damn those were fine runnin motors. Just change the oil, and drive 'em. Did I mention how clean they burned?
Well, as noted previously in this thread, I installed a 996 Spinner II bypass filter after I shimmed my oil pump to create the oil pressure I desired and required to properly drive the centrifuge of the Spinner. And trust me, it ####ing spins. I can hear it spinning while I walk past the truck with my winter front closed, with a belly tarp on, idling at 900rpm, and it's mounted on the top drivers side rad cage support! According to Spinner's chart (at 167* is the rating, so it's faster & higher) at my oil pressure & temp, it's spinning at ~5400rpm, which is ~1.7gpm, so it's definately working.
As stated, I love me my S60's. I cleaned the centrifuge on my S60's quarterly or so. I weighed them before cleaning, and subtracted the dirty weight from the tare to keep track of how much debris the Spinner was removing from my engine that standard filtration missed. This takes a good 1/2hr to disassemble, clean, and reassemble. But the concrete compressed crap that gets built up in them is amazing, and I'm glad I know this, or I'd be really pissed. After 46,775km/29,065mi I decided to open up the centrifuge and see what had been built up inside after three months.

Rawze, YOU SUCK! I will never get that 1/2hr of my life back! And don't even get me started on the $0.10 paper liner that I wasted! Based on this goddam result, I'm predicting to have to clean this frickin centrifuge ANNUALY!!! I cleaned it quarterly or thirds at best in my S60's and had a solid 1/2" of rock hard black mass inside!
WTF???
You're makin me a believer in these friggin Red Bastards!
And don't even mention the paper liners you Rat Ba$t@rd! I bought a ####ing 50 pack! Do you have any dam idea how long that's gonna last me?

Thanks for letting me have fun with this rant... Ahem, about 270 grams!
And yes, this tune runs so cool that I run a belly tarp all winter.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , schISM , 386lover , LargeCar , Toolguy
(02-08-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Well, it's been a while so I figured it was high time someone piled more crap onto the Rawze's Fault pile...

It's Rawze's fault. I have lost 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back, and I'm pissed about it!
It's Rawze's fault. I am an S60 man through and through. I miss me my S60's. Damn those were fine runnin motors. Just change the oil, and drive 'em. Did I mention how clean they burned?
Well, as noted previously in this thread, I installed a 996 Spinner II bypass filter after I shimmed my oil pump to create the oil pressure I desired and required to properly drive the centrifuge of the Spinner. And trust me, it ####ing spins. I can hear it spinning while I walk past the truck with my winter front closed, with a belly tarp on, idling at 900rpm, and it's mounted on the top drivers side rad cage support! According to Spinner's chart (at 167* is the rating, so it's faster & higher) at my oil pressure & temp, it's spinning at ~5400rpm, which is ~1.7gpm, so it's definately working.
As stated, I love me my S60's. I cleaned the centrifuge on my S60's quarterly or so. I weighed them before cleaning, and subtracted the dirty weight from the tare to keep track of how much debris the Spinner was removing from my engine that standard filtration missed. This takes a good 1/2hr to disassemble, clean, and reassemble. But the concrete compressed crap that gets built up in them is amazing, and I'm glad I know this, or I'd be really pissed. After 46,775km/29,065mi I decided to open up the centrifuge and see what had been built up inside after three months.

Rawze, YOU SUCK! I will never get that 1/2hr of my life back! And don't even get me started on the $0.10 paper liner that I wasted! Based on this goddam result, I'm predicting to have to clean this frickin centrifuge ANNUALY!!! I cleaned it quarterly or thirds at best in my S60's and had a solid 1/2" of rock hard black mass inside!
WTF???
You're makin me a believer in these friggin Red Bastards!
And don't even mention the paper liners you Rat Ba$t@rd! I bought a ####ing 50 pack! Do you have any dam idea how long that's gonna last me?

Thanks for letting me have fun with this rant... Ahem, about 270 grams!
And yes, this tune runs so cool that I run a belly tarp all winter.

when its done right and you don't put big power in, it is not uncommon to get reports back of engine wear being reduced by as much as 40%.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , LargeCar , Toolguy
(02-08-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  when its done right and you don't put big power in, it is not uncommon to get reports back of engine wear being reduced by as much as 40%.

Based on the lack of anything I found in that centrifuge, I'm nit surprised.
When I cracked it open I was stunned. In what I learned from these filters previously, the longer you let them go the better. When they start to get a nice base layer like the above picture is when they seem to be able to start "grabbing more" debris. The above was typical of what would be in the bowl when I was cleaning it every oil change on my first one. When it was suggested to let it go longer was when I found it really started to build up more and be more effective. At least now I have a baseline, so I can pull the centrifuge and weigh it in 4-5 months and if it still hasn't picked up much more weight than what this one weighed, I honestly think I'm looking at minimum annual cleaning intervals.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , LargeCar
07-22-2018, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
(04-26-2016 )overshot Wrote:  
(04-23-2016 )stevesparts Wrote:  Well just got done installing a bypass filter(amsoil) and of course overkilled it by using some aftermarket fittings(AN8) and steel braided lines. run out of the #4 hex plug in the picture(14mm 1,5 thread to AN 8) to the filter,had to drill to mount as the space i had a mount would have been to close to the turbo for my taste. then got some nifty 180 deg AN8 fittings run to and from it(no nasty bends) and ran it down to hex plug the block(18mm 1.5 thread to AN 8) no muss no fuss..took about 1.5 hrs to do. as i'm out of practice on putting fitting together.(pita :)) had to get most of the fittings/filter online as no one had what i wanted around here. but still got it in for about $ 273.00 so not to bad,as you could spend more on other systems.
So shop around i"m sure someone can do it cheaper than that :)

We'll I'm trying to find the fitting, the m14 and m18. But I haven't been able to find the right fitting with orings. Can you send me a link to where you got them.
Thanks

Hydraulic shops will have them
replyreply
07-22-2018, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
(04-03-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  For the bypass oil filter, where did you guys put the return line? Back to the oil pan I am assuming? Now, did you drill a hole in the pan or use the drain plug on the passenger side of the motor? Or is there someplace else to attach the oil return line? My motor is in a thousand pieces right now, and I am thinking this would be a good time to install a by pass filter, or at least get the plumbing started.

There are return ports down both sides of the engine just above the oil pan (both the drivers side and passenger side of engine has spare return ports) with large hex plugs in them. Just pick one that is convenient. Here is a pic of where the spare oil return ports are located...

The Pressure feed for the bypass filter is located on the oil cooler housing on the passenger side of the engine. Here is a post showing the oil cooler housing ...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...873#pid873

Ports #3 and #5 in the picture can be used. -- Port#5 is better because port#3 is right below the turbocharger and the hose is prone to suffering heat form its housing.

====================

I have the cheap Amsoil kit.

It is a BMK30 kit. Here is the link...
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/fi...e=BMK30-EA

The replacement filter is an eaBP-120. They are like $50.00, or $36.00 if you sign up as a dealer.

I also have the oil sampling valve. It screws ritght into the bypass filter kit, and makes it VERY easy to take oil samples. Here is the link...

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/f...?code=BK30

For Oil sampling, I use these sample kits,... they are pre-paid...

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/ot...e=KIT14-EA

Here is a pic of mine. It is mounted on the passenger side right behind my fuel tank with an aluminum plate and some "J" bolts. The "J" bolts were just long bolts purchased at a local home depot that the end near the head was heated with torch and bent into a "J" shape so they would hook into the frame. No holes were drilled into the frame at all. The filter lasts about 60 - 80k miles at a time.

Here is how I check mine to see when the filter needs replacing ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...95#pid9595

Tags:
oil ports, bypass filter, amsoil bypass filter, amsoil filter, bmk30, bypass lines

I don't see your picture of install
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.