Radio wires
08-26-2019, (Subject: Radio wires ) 
RE: Radio wires
(08-26-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Might be for the pa speaker

Out of a radio? Weird.
replyreply
some factory radios have an input for qualcomm device, so that the sound will come through the speakers above the sound of the radio. It could be that.

However: you mentioned that it is a green and yellow wire. It is quite common for devices to have Green and yellow pair of wires for the CAN+ and CAN-, J1939 connection. Roughly 2.5~ish volts or thereabouts on one (or both) wires when measured would also point it in this direction too.

Only way to find out for sure is to get the cab wiring diagram for your make/model truck and look it up. Last thing someone needs is to make an assumption and fry things.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-26-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  some factory radios have an input for qualcomm device, so that the sound will come through the speakers above the sound of the radio. It could be that.

However: you mentioned that it is a green and yellow wire. It is quite common for devices to have Green and yellow pair of wires for the CAN+ and CAN-, J1939 connection. Roughly 2.5~ish volts or thereabouts on one (or both) wires when measured would also point it in this direction too.

Only way to find out for sure is to get the cab wiring diagram for your make/model truck and look it up. Last thing someone needs is to make an assumption and fry things.

Yeah. Don’t need no assumptions and fry something. I’ll dig a little deeper this weekend and see if I can trace the wires to see where they go. Who knows. If it is j1939 would it be bad just to leave them unhooked? That’s how they are now. Was a butchers paradise before I got in there and straightened things out other than those two wires.
replyreply
Post a picture on here might give us a better idea of what and where it goes to.
replyreply
(08-26-2019 )marek4792 Wrote:  Post a picture on here might give us a better idea of what and where it goes to.

K. I’ll try to get it tomorrow
replyreply
08-27-2019, (Subject: Radio wires ) 
Here is pic of wires

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
(08-27-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  Here is pic of wires

that looks exactly like the j1939

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-27-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-27-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  Here is pic of wires

that looks exactly like the j1939

I thought same thing couple hours ago. I had to pull my cluster and same wires ran to it and to the hvac controls as well so I figured that’s what it was. So what should I do with them. Leave them as they are? And thanks for the reply.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.