Did my new turbo take a dump?
07-16-2016, (Subject: Did my new turbo take a dump? ) 
RE: Did my new turbo take a dump?
(07-16-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  I still have my Tuesday appointment... Just got off the phone with the dealer, he still wants it in the shop...

In regards to slobber, how much is what one would call normal? I understand what it is now, just wondering what is acceptable, a fine misty coating, a few drops of oil? Never had this issue on any of my other trucks, and honestly don't know.

A few drops is acceptable by my standards . And this is already warning sign .Anything else not . Especially on compressor side .
replyreply
(07-16-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  A few drops is acceptable by my standards . Anything else not . Especially on compressor side .
I agree, slobbering is a slight thin film, otherwise described as a nuisance. A measurable quantity is not slobbering, it is a component or seal failure.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Well, I took her for for a 120 mile spin with my empty trailer... I cleaned everything up last night, so I everything was fresh on this run of mine, no oil in the lines or any oil mist. Well, just got her home, and dripping oil out of the driver side of the CAC, oil pooling in the turbo side of the intake tube from the CAC... Fine mist of oil covering the line from the CAC to the turbo... Yep, I think she is toast.

And I did take photos... I'll post shortly.
replyreply
(07-16-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  Well, I took her for for a 120 mile spin with my empty trailer... I cleaned everything up last night, so I everything was fresh on this run of mine, no oil in the lines or any oil mist. Well, just got her home, and dripping oil out of the driver side of the CAC, oil pooling in the turbo side of the intake tube from the CAC... Fine mist of oil covering the line from the CAC to the turbo... Yep, I think she is toast.

And I did take photos... I'll post shortly.

Hey Bartender....one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer for my friend Waterloo...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Photos of my "Slobbering" turbo...
Here are the photos... I cleaned everything up last night, wiped the exterior down and cleaned all of the oil out and reassembled... I drove roughly 63 miles to the office and 63 miles back to the house pulling my empty trailer. I disassembled immediately upon returning. I did not even let it cool down, but did not matter, as everything was warm to the touch, no gloves required. Really pissed! Every God Damned week it is something else with this truck! Maybe I should start driving like it has a number on the door and there is a trophy waiting for me at the end of the day. I am at my wits end and going BROKE!

This is the line from the CAC to the Turbo. This end was removed from the CAC...

Here is the oily film, notice how I smudged this with my finger... This was after 120 mile trip, I cleaned before I left.

This is on the driver side at the CAC, notice the drop of oil on power steering reservoir...

Here is the exhaust side, this end attaches to the CAC, more oil...

replyreply
07-17-2016, (Subject: Did my new turbo take a dump? ) 
Just got off the phone with the dealer, new turbo is on its way, should be there first thing Tuesday morning, and back to work come Wednesday morning. Fingers crossed! Freight is going through the roof up here and the rates are up. Damn truck!
replyreply
Looks to me like your orange boots are very old too. Perhaps new ones are in order? -- especially if they have been oil soaked.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-17-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Looks to me like your orange boots are very old too. Perhaps new ones are in order? -- especially if they have been oil soaked.

I just replaced them a few months ago, along with the venturi side... Just prior to the in frame.
replyreply
07-18-2016, (Subject: Did my new turbo take a dump? ) 
(07-17-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(07-17-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Looks to me like your orange boots are very old too. Perhaps new ones are in order? -- especially if they have been oil soaked.

I just replaced them a few months ago, along with the venturi side... Just prior to the in frame.

Good deal. Maybe it is just the oil that is saturating them? -- They just looked old and weakened in those pics to me.

Just make sure you get all the oil out of them and clean them up well. Also make sure they still have some stiffness to them when putting them back on. If they are too pliable, they could fail when you need them the most.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.