Kenworth 8 airbag question
05-26-2021, (Subject: Kenworth 8 airbag question ) 
Kenworth 8 airbag question
I have an airbag that developed a pin hole and it’s audible. I’ve already contacted a local dealership and found the part. My question is in regards to the bracket. Do I need to purchase another bracket or can the one I have be used?

This is on a 2009 KW T660.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Kenworth 8 airbag question
Most suspension airbags come with a bracket.

They are also available in places other than the stealers$it, so shop around... places like Fleet-pride, Global truck parts, Truck-Pro, etc. come to mind.

Take the old one off and take it around to these places so they know what part# your looking for.

Might want to do shocks and the other bags while your at it if they are old.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I’ll shop around to see if maybe I can find the airbag elsewhere maybe at a better price.

Sorry, but the question wasn’t answered. If the other part comes with a bracket, it’s obvious to change/replace it. However, if the new does not come with a bracket, can the bracket there in place be used again? Or is it recommended to change the bracket with changing the airbag?
replyreply
(05-26-2021 )Lead_sled Wrote:  I’ll shop around to see if maybe I can find the airbag elsewhere maybe at a better price.

Sorry, but the question wasn’t answered. If the other part comes with a bracket, it’s obvious to change/replace it. However, if the new does not come with a bracket, can the bracket there in place be used again? Or is it recommended to change the bracket with changing the airbag?

With the AG400 suspension the bracket is an integral part of the airbag.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202105/post_1421_1622059394_819faeb2e21c953599524c5650436fe4.jpeg

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Chamberpains , Signature620 , Nostalgic , Rawze
I buy all mine at FleetPride. My truck and two very different trailers. Never been disappointed!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Well if it didn't come with one I'd have no issues reusing the old one as it is just a locator plate to keep the top plate of the bag centered on the frame rail. It carries no weight, just keep the bag in place and keeps it from rolling off the frame.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
05-27-2021, (Subject: Kenworth 8 airbag question ) 
Excellent. Thanks for the replies. I found what I needed at Fleetpride.

Now, just need to find a good YouTube video to get it changed.
replyreply
Just Jack the truck up from the bottom of the air glide pedestal so the axle drops and the chassis rises. When the bag is completely deflated, undo the nut on the airline feeding the bag (they can be rounded off easily and are easier to access with the wheels removed.) Next you have 2 bolts through the chassis and 1 nut on the bottom stud.

Throw the new bag in and reassemble.
replyreply
Hate to hijack but I am planning on replacing most or all 8 on my 93 W900L 8 bag pretty soon. And all the little cast plates between bag and frame. I have heard for years that if you go to bigger air lines feeding the bags that it improves stability and ride. The later trucks seem to come equipped this way oem. Does it require a different air bag to accept a larger npt fitting or do people use reducers. I would think reducers would create a bottleneck and negate a lot of the improvement?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.