Oil leak
11-20-2016, (Subject: Oil leak ) 
RE: Oil leak
(11-20-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  You have a garage? Or live in warmer climates?

I'm in Edmonton Canada.
Yeah I have a shop

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Imo, when the book of lazy and money grabbers say 24 that means 8 or less of your own if u have the tools/will/knowledge and an extra hand to help
replyreply
just a heads up, look behind the head with a mirror, there are two covers back there one for each cam, they leak sometimes and give the impression that the leak is coming from the bell housing, gasket part numbers are:

having someone reseal your bell housing when it is not the culprit.....

Pricey

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
(11-20-2016 )T680 Wrote:  Imo, when the book of lazy and money grabbers say 24 that means 8 or less of your own if u have the tools/will/knowledge and a extra hand to help

I know I won't be done in 8. I think 24 sounds about right for me because I don't have an overhead crane so I've got to pull the oil pan and use jacks to support the motor, I'm gonna do the rear main seal, I'm anal retentive so I'll pull the EGR crossover so that I can completely clean the mess from the leak, while the tranny is out of the way I'll clean the inside of the frame rails and replace all the zip ties and P-clips because the truck is 8 years old, blah blah blah
But a Stealerschill should do it in 16-18 depending on the truck model, because they will never clean it the way I do...

(11-20-2016 )Hedley Wrote:  just a heads up, look behind the head with a mirror, there are two covers back there one for each cam, they leak sometimes and give the impression that the leak is coming from the bell housing, gasket part numbers are:

Pricey
Thanks for the heads up, will do!
I haven't done a real close check of this, but I don't think they're my culprits. However OP, check these!
In my case I'm gonna do it myself so it won't be pricey, it'll be a piss off!
Right now HH freight is slow, so I have more time than money...and I'm too cheap! (Which is why I still have money in my savings/emergency account. This isn't an emergency, it's a frustration)

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(11-20-2016 )Hedley Wrote:  just a heads up, look behind the head with a mirror, there are two covers back there one for each cam, they leak sometimes and give the impression that the leak is coming from the bell housing, gasket part numbers are:

Pricey
Thank you I was actually hoping that's what it was...no such luck
replyreply
(11-20-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(11-20-2016 )T680 Wrote:  Imo, when the book of lazy and money grabbers say 24 that means 8 or less of your own if u have the tools/will/knowledge and a extra hand to help

I know I won't be done in 8. I think 24 sounds about right for me because I don't have an overhead crane so I've got to pull the oil pan and use jacks to support the motor, I'm gonna do the rear main seal, I'm anal retentive so I'll pull the EGR crossover so that I can completely clean the mess from the leak, while the tranny is out of the way I'll clean the inside of the frame rails and replace all the zip ties and P-clips because the truck is 8 years old, blah blah blah
But a Stealerschill should do it in 16-18 depending on the truck model, because they will never clean it the way I do...

Pricey
Thanks for the heads up, will do!
I haven't done a real close check of this, but I don't think they're my culprits. However OP, check these!
In my case I'm gonna do it myself so it won't be pricey, it'll be a piss off!
Right now HH freight is slow, so I have more time than money...and I'm too cheap! (Which is why I still have money in my savings/emergency account. This isn't an emergency, it's a frustration)

Hammerhead you sound like me that's what I end up doing I was heated when I had clutch done last year while I was on vacation came back to see everything all dirty they didn't replace the trans cooler hoses or anything like I asked them too Pigs
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.