Just did 2 injectors ran2 days now skipping
01-01-2017, (Subject: Just did 2 injectors ran2 days now skipping ) 
RE: Just did 2 injectors ran2 days now skipping
My torque wrench does torque plus and it reads out torque once torque plus is done and it works out to be about 100ftlbs.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , fargonaz
(01-01-2017 )gearhead Wrote:  My torque wrench does torque plus and it reads out torque once torque plus is done and it works out to be about 100ftlbs.

What kind of torque wrench have you got that records the final number like that for you Gearhead?
Mine are atypical Snap-On and Mac click type.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(01-01-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(01-01-2017 )gearhead Wrote:  My torque wrench does torque plus and it reads out torque once torque plus is done and it works out to be about 100ftlbs.

What kind of torque wrench have you got that records the final number like that for you Gearhead?
Mine are atypical Snap-On and Mac click type.

i have a snap on digital torque angle and it does this aswell.
replyreply
(12-30-2016 )Pigpen 2868 Wrote:  That sounds like a response from one of the counters in Dedham Mass.

You got that rite are you from the area?
replyreply
I will look into Quickserve Thanks
replyreply
(01-01-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-31-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Thanks for the update, I will update my procedure printout!
I couldn't agree more on a set torque spec. There are items where torque plus angle is necessary, but Cummins seems to really overuse it IMHO.
I could feel that 70 was a fair amount less than the procedure, but I've checked mine a couple of times and they haven't been loose, so I've left well enough alone. I'm planning on replacing a couple injectors shortly, so I'll put this new info to use!

Just remember that you want to wick out any oil from the holes before installing the bolts. I have seen that mistake before, and the results are sometimes not pretty.

I made sure all the bolt holes were cleaned out and blown out And i was told the rocker arm shafts were torqued at 120
replyreply
Yes I am. From Foxboro I saw your truck at the gravel pit a few weeks ago didnt have time to stop and say hello.
replyreply
UPDATE....I got it all back together to include a new Rocker box Gasket and started it up and it ran like crap it was skipping and smoking....i was panicked :waaaht: so i started to back-check everything i did to make sure i didn't miss anything and decided to unplug one injector at a time to do a back yard cyl balance test as soon as i grabbed the harness it started to run better than like crap again so i removed the new injection harness and installed the old one and it runs great....i cant believe a new harness was defective....i am happy that i did the injectors myself and it will give me the confidence to do the one on my ISX in the future....
replyreply
(01-01-2017 )earnies2 Wrote:  UPDATE....I got it all back together to include a new Rocker box Gasket and started it up and it ran like crap it was skipping and smoking....i was panicked :waaaht: so i started to back-check everything i did to make sure i didn't miss anything and decided to unplug one injector at a time to do a back yard cyl balance test as soon as i grabbed the harness it started to run better than like crap again so i removed the new injection harness and installed the old one and it runs great....i cant believe a new harness was defective....i am happy that i did the injectors myself and it will give me the confidence to do the one on my ISX in the future....

You need to keep in mind that it can take up to 10 minutes+ of running before it runs smooth again after having anything in the fuel system apart. I hope you let it run for a good 10 minutes before making that determination.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.