Front crank seal
02-13-2017, (Subject: Front crank seal ) 
Front crank seal
I have a cm2250, what specialty tools would I need to replace this seal? Also what parts would I also need besides the seal?

I've done them on series 60s and I thought they were a fairly easy to do.
replyreply
RE: Front crank seal
(02-13-2017 )joed2323 Wrote:  I have a cm2250, what specialty tools would I need to replace this seal? Also what parts would I also need besides the seal?

cummins quickserve best place to find answers. It's free just register engine serial #
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
My mechanic says they are very easy to screw up which is why he always has a spare.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(02-13-2017 )joed2323 Wrote:  I have a cm2250, what specialty tools would I need to replace this seal? Also what parts would I also need besides the seal?

You need tool part #3162992 Front Crank Seal Remover/Installer to do this procedure with the best chance of success.
The procedure is in Quickserve->ISX Service Manual->Section 1 Cylinder Block->10-001-023 Crankshaft Seal, Front

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , gatow900

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.