2350 VGT repair??
03-01-2017, (Subject: 2350 VGT repair?? ) 
RE: 2350 VGT repair??
Ahh, makes sense now.

He is likely to loose another turbo before it is over unless you disassemble all the exhaust manifold piping and cooler and get the rest of the tiny pieces out too. Looks to me like all of it is not there.

I know of one guy who went through 3 turbo's a few days apart each after the same exact type failure because he was too stubborn to listen. He could not get warranty after the 2nd one. By the 4th one he took everything apart and cleaned all piping out and did the job right.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
03-01-2017, (Subject: 2350 VGT repair?? ) 
(03-01-2017 )Marajin Wrote:  So that is what happened.

Bad parts are everywhere on the internet from people trying to make a quick buck. They only exist for making some a$$hole rich from desperate truckers.

From the hints and pics it looks just like someone installed a cheaply made block-off plate in the exhaust before the egr cooler. Seen that before. Most cheap ones will not hold up long and more expensive ones will not last too.

Ppl install stuff like that and then completely forget about it after. Maybe few months or year or two or maybe even 5 years later they fail and brake something with it. Some good quality is needed.

good thick solid 304stainless. Anything less you are getting into trouble. This is the only thing I see that holds up.

gotta make sure press can't build in any dead pipes that may have been block at both ends too. heat expansion in dead pipes can break a lot of things. Best to remove gaskets in dead pipe channel.

That's a well machined peice of SS in that pic Marajin, by any chance would you be willing to share the dimension particulars to have one made?
Mine is good, but not that good.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 386lover
03-02-2017, (Subject: 2350 VGT repair?? ) 
been there seen this. clean it out in the manifold too before you take out another. Get a decent plate (IE A BIG WELL BUILT ONE).

pulse technology manifolds are cool!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.