EGT Gauge in a T800
03-29-2017, (Subject: EGT Gauge in a T800 ) 
EGT Gauge in a T800
Heading into the big city to get an egt guage and probe. Not quite sure where to mount the guage. Every indash guage location is filled in my dash. Was thinking about putting it in the upper console above the windshield next to the speaker. Or is there a better way? Also where should the probe go? Ive welded bungs on in the past but the metal of the doser injector housing looks thick enough to drill and tap direct. I would drill just ahead of the spray of the doser. Is that the way to go or is there a better way? Thanks in advance!
replyreply
RE: EGT Gauge in a T800
Here is what i do and why..

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Brock , Longshot
I mounted my EGT gauge on the dash in one of these metal pods. https://amzn.to/2Y5p3UG

Looks cool, sits right next to my Right-Weigh scale gauge in an identical pod. Two dash pods added 300 hp. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Brock , fargonaz , hhow55
08-28-2017, (Subject: EGT Gauge in a T800 ) 
(03-29-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  I mounted my EGT gauge on the dash in one of these metal pods. https://amzn.to/2Y5p3UG

Looks cool, sits right next to my Right-Weigh scale gauge in an identical pod. Two dash pods added 300 hp. ;-)

Can you post a picture please
replyreply
Universal 2 gauge pod from GlowShift.
Die grinder with a flapper wheel along with some patience to slowly form it to fit the steering column of either a KW or Pete will also give you this look...
Or, if your willing to pay the shipping, I'll send you this prefitted one! (Not the gauges, just the pod...)
I have bought the three gauge version, and I'm going to add a second exhaust manifold heat soak pyro like Rawze, to the downstream exhaust gas one from the pic.
Two pyro's with a boost gauge in a fancy pod adds 310hp for the win, lol

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Brock , trucklogger2 , fargonaz , Roysbigtoys
Dark mode...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock , fargonaz
09-10-2017, (Subject: EGT Gauge in a T800 ) 
I have the factory boost gauge in my virtual gauges. Is this as good as the glow shift
replyreply
./uploads/201709/post_1367_1505082877_76d67e8d4f059aa7a74bfac5e5022e12.jpg

On my prostar I was lucky and had a spot open. I just had to bore it out a little bigger and punch a new hole for my boost gauge.

I'm going to add one to my peterbilt but have the same problem you have with no room but im just going to remove one of thos useless gauges like fuel filter restriction. I change my filter every service so it's a waste.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(09-10-2017 )Brock Wrote:  On my prostar I was lucky and had a spot open. I just had to bore it out a little bigger and punch a new hole for my boost gauge.

I'm going to add one to my peterbilt but have the same problem you have with no room but im just going to remove one of thos useless gauges like fuel filter restriction. I change my filter every service so it's a waste.

Your Pete has the same steering column as my KW, did you see where I put mine?
Nobody has spoke up for it, you can have the pod if you want it, I'm changing to a 3 gauge next time I get home...

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.