CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help...
03-31-2017, (Subject: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help... ) 
RE: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help...
I hate this shi#t... The reason I pulled the mandate... Now I just drink beer and take the truck to Speedco. Happy camper. ;-)

I suggest you do the same.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Could you post picture what is weep hole?
replyreply
(03-31-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  Could you post picture what is weep hole?

zoom in on egr valve all the black on my 2250 came from the egr valve weep holes
replyreply
Do a coolant pressure test overnight with the rear pipe removed form the egr cooler. Make sure the egr cooler isn't wet the next morning and seeping coolant.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Snailexpress: I can get you a pic next time I am working on it, engine is in a Volvo so without removing a bunch of crap it is hard to see the EGR valve let alone the weep holes.
Squish099: that is a lot of soot!! Mine isn't that bad yet. Are you still running it? Did it make a whistling noise too, or just the soot??
Rawze: Thanks for the idea, I will be driving through Sunday, but after I deliver I will do the overnight coolant pressure test and check the EGR cooler. I haven't noticed any coolant loss yet, but I guess it could just be starting. I replaced cooler at 188K, so this one has 400K on it. Cummins says 400-600K is the life span right? Maybe it's on its way out.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
No whistling sound.. Everything has since been cleaned up.. The problem has since been removed..
replyreply
04-04-2017, (Subject: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help... ) 
Squish099, how long ago did you delete and have you had any problems?

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(04-04-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Squish099, how long ago did you delete and have you had any problems?

Very few pple have issue after they MM the ISX. The older the engine is, the higher chances of revealing already existing problems like carbon packed piston/rings and other EGR related issues that have taken their toll. The constant barrage of soot to the engine and back-pressure on the exhaust covers up these things. The frequency of something showing up after MM is about 3-5% on a truck with more than 600k miles and about 10-12% on one with more than 800k.

Trouble seems to be mostly from very neglected trucks that had lots of issues in their past. It has some minor risk as the truck gets more and more miles on it with a failing system.

That risk is reduced by quite a bit if the power is not increased on older motor. Obviously the engine has worn to its settings and is never a good idea.
replyreply
(04-04-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Squish099, how long ago did you delete and have you had any problems?
It's only been 3 weeks maybe a month.. So far big change has been fuel economy, part tune part working on my horrible habits. Only other thing I've noticed is slightly higher oil consumption, I think from higher blow by (drilled filter @ same time).. Not buying Def will more then cover the oil.. It's been a win in my book..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.