CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help...
04-05-2017, (Subject: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help... ) 
RE: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help...
It's possible the additional oil consumption will return to normal after the engine breaks in to its new operating conditions. I know mine after mm had an increase followed by a return to normal after about 40k miles. Shortly after that though I had #5 liner drop and take out the head gasket.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099 , JMBT
It's you're egr valve. When mine started doing the same thing from the 2 little holes i just replaced it and it stopped doing it. They only last about 400-500k. Mine started doing it at 465,000. It's pretty pricey too almost $1,000 here's the part number 4352302Nx.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
here is how i clean it when it shows signs that the holes are leaking some exhaust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxYxAHLhuAY
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Rawze , JMBT
What did you clean it with?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Marajin: thanks for the info!! Squish099 thank you too! I would be interested to know how it goes as you continue on. I have almost 600K, and I am not looking for a power boost at all, just want some freaking reliability!! Tried of worrying if truck will be running right when a good customer needs me, or make it to delivery when on an important load! I am really seriously considering this, just trying to decide for sure if I am keeping this old girl indefinitely, or doing something different.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
01-25-2024, (Subject: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help... ) 
Bringing up this old post because my 2250 has the same leak out the 2 little holes on the EGR valve. With the hood open standing by the passenger tire I could hear a whistle. So I sprayed soapy water and those 2 holes bubble. Only very slight soot noticeable near them. Did you clean or fix or replace the valve?
replyreply
(01-25-2024 )ahub86 Wrote:  Bringing up this old post because my 2250 has the same leak out the 2 little holes on the EGR valve. With the hood open standing by the passenger tire I could hear a whistle. So I sprayed soapy water and those 2 holes bubble. Only very slight soot noticeable near them. Did you clean or fix or replace the valve?

According to cummins quickserver on my x15 this us what it says.

"Soot leakage at the EGR valve weep holes is normal and is to be expected. Do not replace the EGR valve if soot streaks are found at the EGR valve weep holes."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ahub86
Thank you. I did go to QuickServe earlier and I saw where they had that in the service data. I was just surprised to actually hear it whistle out those holes. It is something new that it wasn’t doing before but must be it’s ok? I think I am going to take it off tomorrow and clean the soot out of it. Maybe that will help I am thinking? If I can keep it maintained and working properly I will be happy. New ones when I looked them up on Cummins site are like $2400 reman are $1900. I didn’t price at my local
Dealer yet. I was just wondering if anyone had ever cleaned it out when this happened to them and had it stop leaking. I had found this thread by searching and it is opened ended on results except for the demandate option, which sounds better all the time.
replyreply
01-26-2024, (Subject: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help... ) 
I removed it and cleaned it this morning. Still get air out of those holes. Not something I ever noticed before but maybe it’s always done it. I suppose I will run it until I have a problem. Anybody know the purpose of the holes?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202401/post_4942_1706289956_5659df06f231a9c6657a64618fa72591.jpeg
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.