Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change...
08-13-2017, (Subject: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change... ) 
RE: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change...
(08-13-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Even more irony. They have roughly the same parts in them aside from the common rail and injectors lol.

Actually that is exactly what they told me, they said the injector cam pressures are too high for 10W30 and require heavier viscosity.
I find that fishy, the cam lobes and followers surface area is such a considerablly higher percentage than the valve cam it's not even funny. This is supported by the observation that the valve cams chew up faster and more frequently than the injector cam imho, but I'm just some hack in the Internet. This hack will stick with 15W40 and a gallon of 80W90 gear oil...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , GunRunner

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change... - Hammerhead - 08-13-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.