New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft??
12-26-2019, (Subject: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft?? ) 
RE: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft??
where do I find the information on what test I should perform and what I should be looking for
[/quote]

The cam in that picture is toast, and your head might be shot too. I'm willing to bet that engine has other problems due to extended oil drain intervals. If I were you I would drop the pan and pull some bearings out and have a look. And while you got the pan off, pressurize the cooling system to 20 psi let it sit over night then bar the engine over by hand while someone lays under the truck looking and listening for coolant gurgling and dripping down(look very very closely, not always real obvious). If you find coolant then you know for certain it's inframe time and any other problems your having aren't really gonna matter.You can also look up into the liners with a flashlight and look for polishing and other damage.
[/quote]

Had a borescope put through the injector hose to look at the cylinders Schoenherr still have plenty of cross-hatching and they are not polished
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft?? - bookerjt - 12-26-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.