New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft??
12-26-2019, (Subject: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft?? ) 
RE: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft??
MOST PEOPLE would not buy a used house without having the foundation and plumbing checked,.. and without checking to see if the walls are not completely rotted out, mouldy, and infested with termites. Anyone can put on a nice paint job and clean it up, then claim its in good shape .. that is what the seller is going to do. ... Unfortunately, you seemed to have bought that house and never looked at it very well past the paint job, then moved into it and turned a blind eye, later wondering why the front porch just fell off it.

It happens more often than not, unfortunately in trucking. People have no idea or clue what they are getting into, and that is what gets them. this thread is turning out to be a fine example of this,.. It is a repeating cycle on here, especially this forum, as most people do not research enough to find this place until they are where you have found yourself. Am I picking on you? -- no, not actually,.. I AM however picking on the situation to drive its importance home. I hate seeing it over and over on here, like others have mentioned... -- it is severely unfortunate, can completely be avoided, but hopefully others will find it and learn from this too.

If he has had that thing for only 2 months... I am wondering how in the hell it ended up on the roads without all the proper adjustments, inspections, and services done to it? - that thing would have been half torn apart in my driveway, especially if that truck chassis has a million+ on it .. That should have been a no-brainer .. pull everything apart and inspect the hell out of it internally and externally, all U-joints, driveline, backlash in rear ends, hub bearings re-torqued, torque-arms inspected, mounts, bushings, shocks,... all the front end, drag link, tie-rod, king pins, all inspected with dial indicators for "in-spec" and safety, ++ entire engine pressurized for air, egr, and exhaust piping leaks, head pressurized to see if the valves are leaky, injector tests, over head cam re-adjustments and cam inspections, etc.etc.etc on an old engine like that.. the list is long for a truck that age!. WAAAY before ever calling it road worthy. -- trucking ain't no game of "buy it and drive it" ... Trucks do not get sold that are still making money, and have not yet been driven into the ground and neglected to hell and beyond ... they just don't!

Those cam lobes have been bad for more than 100,000 miles,.. that kind of abuse and neglect takes a years+ or more of someone seriously not giving 2 cents about their truck or engine.

-- start watching the rebuild series.. learn how to remove and re-install that cam.

REGISTER THAT ENGINE on quickserv.com for all the manuals and repair procedures you need .. its absolutely free!.

-- INVEST in a windows 7 or 8 laptop and get a chineese inline-6 off e-bay and Insite... GET THE TOOLS NEEDED to make that engine computer (ECM) work for you, not against you.

like others said .. pull the pan off it,.. inspect the liners from the bottom up,.. pressurize the coolant system to 20-PSI and let it over night, have someone turn engine over by hand next morning and listen and check for gurgling / signs of coolant down along the piston rings as it moves .. + all the other things they are recommending. -- KNOW YOUR EQUIPMENT -- NEVER GUESS AT IT .. IT WILL ONLY LAY DOWN ON YOU WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT TO!

EVERY SINGLE BIT of what you are now having to do .. should have been done BEFORE IT EVER HIT THE ROADS when you purchased it.

LASTLY.. if it was inframed ... it is 60% likely to have been done a complete s$it job of it,.. especially if it was done at an OEM cummins shop or Stearlers$it. -< I would have been scared of it as soon as someone mentioned it had been inframed.

AND if there is any doubt about what I think about how bad those certified stealers$its really are, .. then give This Other Thread a very thorough read-thru ... about everything that can go wrong with this guys $40,000 in-frame, only 80,000 miles on it before he had to do it again in my driveway himself a second time, did.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft?? - Rawze - 12-26-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.