Ting / Metallic Sound
06-03-2021, (Subject: Ting / Metallic Sound ) 
RE: Ting / Metallic Sound
I would go with replacing belts and idlers and tensioners. Way easier to do it before it fails and could put you in a bind.

Just to compare.
Mack MP8 fan/water pump belt. $40. Yes $40 at Mack dealer belt says made in Romania..
Belt tensioner and idler for fan/water pump. $500 made in Italy.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
06-04-2021, (Subject: Ting / Metallic Sound ) 
This is why I'm here, why we're all here. Such a great source of reference, education and information. Thank you to one and all.

Yes, the original tensioners on the engine are Dayco and the ONLY reason I'm going to give PAI a shot at this is because of the part that it is. I may get it later today, touch it hold it feel it and not like something, I don't know, but if everything checks out I'll put it on and see how it performs. If I don't like it, I'll investigate other purchase locations for the Dayco or Gates parts that DON'T have Rush Truck Center or Cummins on their signs.

I have grown to loath Rush Truck Center. They are blind dummies when it comes to the very trucks and parts they sale and service. And anytime I can avoid a trip there to buy anything I will.
replyreply
(06-04-2021 )kozakvod Wrote:  This is why I'm here, why we're all here. Such a great source of reference, education and information. Thank you to one and all.

Yes, the original tensioners on the engine are Dayco and the ONLY reason I'm going to give PAI a shot at this is because of the part that it is. I may get it later today, touch it hold it feel it and not like something, I don't know, but if everything checks out I'll put it on and see how it performs. If I don't like it, I'll investigate other purchase locations for the Dayco or Gates parts that DON'T have Rush Truck Center or Cummins on their signs.

I have grown to loath Rush Truck Center. They are blind dummies when it comes to the very trucks and parts they sale and service. And anytime I can avoid a trip there to buy anything I will.

I use Global Parts a whole lot, here in atlanta. I go to rush to get a part, only when I have no other choice.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , Toolguy
Just received the two Tensioner Pulley's from PAI

Both of them are DAYCO units at HALF the price (with shipping included) of Rush. If anyone is need of these for their CM2350, they are:

Main belt: CUM3682946 PAI# 180885
AC belt: CUM2891940 PAI# 180896

I purchased through woodlineparts

Will report back after install tomorrow.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Mattman , SquareOne , Waterloo , Toolguy
06-07-2021, (Subject: Ting / Metallic Sound ) 
I did get everything installed put a new main belt on. AC belt was fine. Main belt was fine too, but I'll just keep it for a spare.

End result, noise gone as best I can tell. And the final price for everything was just over $400 with the Idler Pulley included. The belt I already had and don't remember what I paid for it previously.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , Rawze , Waterloo , Toolguy
06-07-2021, (Subject: Ting / Metallic Sound ) 
Pretty work
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
06-08-2021, (Subject: Ting / Metallic Sound ) 
Gates or Dayco, that is what is on my motor, no issues, and a helluva a lot cheaper than the dealers... In many cases they are identical, right down to stampings and actual part numbers found on the components making up the assembly. Fleetpride or Global.

Now, the Damper, only use a Cummins OEM part, like Rawze demonstrated. And don't forget to paint it.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , kozakvod , Toolguy
06-08-2021, (Subject: Ting / Metallic Sound ) 
(06-08-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Gates or Dayco, that is what is on my motor, no issues, and a helluva a lot cheaper than the dealers... In many cases they are identical, right down to stampings and actual part numbers found on the components making up the assembly. Fleetpride or Global.

Now, the Damper, only use a Cummins OEM part, like Rawze demonstrated. And don't forget to paint it.

100% agree! The Dayco Tensioner Pulleys that Peterbilt initially sold me were $315 for the AC and $260 for the main and both were Dayco and both were packaged in Cummins boxes. Buying the exact same Dayco units for just over $300 (shipping included) was a nice find indeed.

As far as engine direct moving parts, etc. yes I will only use Cummins OEM. I plan to change my damper this summer and for a one man show that's a heavy difficult part to deal with, the last thing I want to do is do it twice because the first cheaper option failed, or worse screwed up my crank/engine/etc.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.