A BAD DELETE?
04-23-2024, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
RE: A BAD DELETE?
So all that needs done is to flash an incal with C@lterm is to unzip it? Or am I missing something? Why is there folks with incal to xcal converters then?
replyreply
04-24-2024, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
(04-23-2024 )Truckdriven Wrote:  So all that needs done is to flash an incal with C@lterm is to unzip it? Or am I missing something? Why is there folks with incal to xcal converters then?

so that they can charge you moneys for something that you can do yourself by simply using 7zip...lol

7-zip: https://7-zip.org/

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Can't believe I never knew this, good to know as I have this truck that needs a updated factory cal per our phone conversation a few weeks ago, Do other unzip programs work as well or is the 7-zip part of it important?
replyreply
I was never a compression guru, but from what I remember there are number of different compression algorithms out there. Typical windows zip utilities can only handle pkzip. 7-Zip on the other hand can handle other algorithms such as bzip/bzip2 and lzma/lzma2. So yes, if you're using windows just get 7-zip for all your compression needs.

Edit:
From the 7zip wikipedia entry:
Quote:7-Zip supports a number of other compression and non-compression archive formats (both for packing and unpacking), including ZIP, gzip, bzip2, xz, tar, and WIM. The utility also supports unpacking APM, ar, ARJ, chm, cpio, deb, FLV, JAR, LHA/LZH, LZMA, MSLZ, Office Open XML, onepkg, RAR, RPM, smzip, SWF, XAR, and Z archives and cramfs, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, MBR, NTFS, SquashFS, UDF, and VHD disk images.

Conclusion: 7zip can handle unpacking just about anything you throw at it.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.