Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn
07-22-2021, (Subject: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn ) 
RE: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn
got up on the catwalk one afternoon to secure a spare trailer tire that i was taking to a drop-yard for the company I was leased onto after having one of their trailer tires replaced.

I don't know what got into me... stupidity i guess... but I somehow stepped backward one too many steps right off the top of the cat-walk backwards towards the pavement. In mid air, I had to take a split second decision... land on my hip (which would likely break), or try to break the fall with my left arm... needles to say, I took the lesser of the 2 evils and broke my wrist in 3 places.

- I kept driving for a few days out of sheer stubbornness like that until it got so bad, I had to do something about it. I took some home time and when I got home, I went to a medical supply house and bought the stuff to make a proper cast. After getting back home, I told my wife to hold my hand against the corner of a wall with all her might and don't let it go. =- I yanked that damn wrist and bones back into place ... goddamnn.. it hurt, but I knew it needed to be done.

(my wife said yeah.. Rawze is one tough S.O.B).

After that, I made the cast, took another week off, and then drove the next 2 months with the cast on. This was the third time in my lifetime that I had broken that wrist or left arm.

- Such is the life of a trucker.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1

Messages In This Thread
re - JimT - 07-22-2021,
RE: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn - Rawze - 07-22-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.