Excessive Sitting Regen
08-14-2016, (Subject: Excessive Sitting Regen ) 
Excessive Sitting Regen
So, this truck has never had a sitting regen. Never. Until a couple of days ago. Driver said she got the message on the screen and had to stop and regen twice.

Does this mean the DPF is at the point where it needs to be cleaned? What if I went all milk money on it? And if I finally get off my dead a$$ and milk money this b!tch, won't the DPF eventually fill up with soot?
replyreply
08-15-2016, (Subject: Excessive Sitting Regen ) 
RE: Excessive Sitting Regen
If it's needing parked regens, there is definitely something up with it. Might need cleaned or replaced, but there is most likely an underlying issue. Do you have insite? Done an EGR tune-up yet? I'd start there first.

I believe if you un-mandate it, you shouldn't need to worry. Might try and contact the fellas that have done it already. Should be able to get more info about it if you go that route.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
08-18-2016, (Subject: Excessive Sitting Regen ) 
I don't have the Insite yet. Probably gonna contact Hong Kong about that in the near future.

I have done the EGR tune up.
replyreply
Upon the FIRST TIME that a truck turns on that light in the dash, asking for a "parked Regen",... you are already screwed!. The system is in DIRE MEED of some service work, EGR tune-up, etc. It is more like the idiot lights of the cars of the 1970's. By the time the light comes on, the damage is done and you are chasing your tail at that point.

These systems do not give early warning of impending problems,... they only complain AFTER THE SYSTEM IS IN DIRE STRAIGHTS!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-18-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Upon the FIRST TIME that a truck turns of that light in the dash, asking for a "parked Regen",... you are already screwed!. The system is in DIRE MEED of some service work, EGR tune-up, etc. It is more like the idiot lights of the cars of the 1970's. By the time the light comes on, the damage is done and you are chasing your tail at that point.

These systems do not give early warning of impending problems,... they only complain AFTER THE SYSTEM IS IN DIRE STRAIGHTS!
Thanks to you, I've already done the EGR tune up. Very shortly after that, I had to replace the EGR cooler. And now this is happening, but I'm only getting it "hear-say" from the driver who couldn't even tell me exactly what the message was. Just "something about truck will shut off." It's a Volvo, so it has the big(ger) screen in the gauge pod for messages and stuff. I haven't driven the truck myself in a few months, so I guess I'll head on over there and check Volvo's diagnostics screen. Maybe there's more information there.
replyreply
08-19-2016, (Subject: Excessive Sitting Regen ) 
My guess would be that you may have some DOC face plugging due to the EGR cooler failure, which would then really mess up any regen cycle that is trying to take place. Won't really know until you can get the codes but that would be my guess based on the need to replace the cooler. Was it a factory replacement cooler?

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
09-29-2016, (Subject: Excessive Sitting Regen ) 
Crazy thing: That driver left me for another job, so I hired a new driver. Truck has not done it since. Although he does get anxious when the Volvo screen says that there's a regen in progress. I had to educate him on that.

So it had me thinking that even though I explained it to the previous driver, she just panicked and thought she was doing something when she parked it. Shucks, she didn't know anything about Volvo's display so I'm pretty certain she wouldn't be able to figure out how to force a regen. She probably just parked and turned up the idle and called it good.

She was having some personal problems at the time which may have clouded her reasoning.

Cooler was replaced at Cummins, so I'm thinking probably factory unit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.