Cm570 injector leak test results.
12-13-2022, (Subject: Cm570 injector leak test results. ) 
RE: Cm570 injector leak test results.
(12-10-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-09-2022 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  ... If I have leaky injectors.

Leaky injectors cause cylinder back-pressure to get into in the fuel system.. and eventually cause damage to the solenoids and other fuel system components. it also causes the engine to run funny sometimes.. rough or fluctuating idle . and usually have less than optimal fuel mileage and/or power.
would leaky injectors cause a vibration when its pulling? My clutch pedal pulsates and vibrates under load. Just wondering if that could be the cause of it or if that's a separate problem.
replyreply
(12-13-2022 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  
(12-10-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-09-2022 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  ... If I have leaky injectors.

Leaky injectors cause cylinder back-pressure to get into in the fuel system.. and eventually cause damage to the solenoids and other fuel system components. it also causes the engine to run funny sometimes.. rough or fluctuating idle . and usually have less than optimal fuel mileage and/or power.
would leaky injectors cause a vibration when its pulling? My clutch pedal pulsates and vibrates under load. Just wondering if that could be the cause of it or if that's a separate problem.

It could... But, how many miles or years on the crank shaft damper? Cummins recommends replacing them every 500,000 miles. Sadly, there is no way to test them. There is a viscous fluid inside of them, that over time hardens, and they have failed catastrophically. Another member here had one blow apart on him a few years ago, luckily he was sitting in a truck stop parking lot when it did. If you do install one, make sure it is painted, heavily painted, many of us mark the stampings so that they are easier to see. I had a vibration issue in my truck, the damper replacement took care of it, made a noticeable difference. Only use an OEM damper.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(12-13-2022 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...how many miles or years on the crank shaft damper? Cummins recommends replacing them every 500,000 miles. Sadly, there is no way to test them. There is a viscous fluid inside of them, that over time hardens, and they have failed catastrophically. Another member here had one blow apart on him a few years ago, luckily he was sitting in a truck stop parking lot when it did. If you do install one, make sure it is painted, heavily painted, many of us mark the stampings so that they are easier to see. I had a vibration issue in my truck, the damper replacement took care of it, made a noticeable difference. Only use an OEM damper.

the whole engine only has 50k miles on it. But I thought that too that it could be the dampner. So we swapped it out and that made no difference
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.