ECM Rebuilders
06-22-2023, (Subject: ECM Rebuilders ) 
ECM Rebuilders
Curious what companies everyone has had the best luck with. Have an old cm570 that's kaput. See the typical $800ish send out and repair to $1100 for ecm exchange. Looks like I could get one through Cummins yet for about $2k. Opinions and experiences?
replyreply
06-22-2023, (Subject: ECM Rebuilders ) 
RE: ECM Rebuilders
I run a CM570 and replaced ECM with OEM exchange, I had member here program it for fuel mileage.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , windowrattler
06-23-2023, (Subject: ECM Rebuilders ) 
If you want by far the best quality? OEM only with the factory programming for the truck.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , windowrattler
Yeah nothing funny with a custom flash or nothing is planned. Tried to even talk to it on a bench setup and no go. I think I'll have a hard time selling a OEM reman to my customer. I think we all know how that typically goes.
replyreply
(06-23-2023 )windowrattler Wrote:  Yeah nothing funny with a custom flash or nothing is planned. Tried to even talk to it on a bench setup and no go. I think I'll have a hard time selling a OEM reman to my customer. I think we all know how that typically goes.

your customer is an idiot!!!>>>

repaired after-garbage ecm's do not last but a short while.. if they run at all reliably.. and then die again!!>.. ALL the components aside for one or 2 parts inside them are ancient and it is the lion chasing its tail on them!> ==- WASTE OF MONEYS!!!>..

On the other hand.. the OEM certified ecm's are ALWAYS going to have a brand spanking new circuit board in them, and the engine maker is not about to hire a team of repair technicians to 'repair' what they can have manufacturer for a few hundred bucks, and slap into an old casing.

-= ALWAYS ALWAYS BUY A CERTIFIED OEM ECM!!!... AND DON;T BE CHEAP ABOUT IT TRYING TO SKIM ON REPAIRED S$IT .. BECAUSE ONE TOWING BILL LATER .. AND YOU WILL BE WISHING LIKE ALL H$ELL YOU HAD GOTTEN A BRAND NEW BOARD IN AN OEM ONE INSTEAD!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ktblogistics , windowrattler

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.