Power Steering Noise
08-26-2023, (Subject: Power Steering Noise ) 
RE: Power Steering Noise
Well, found these resources online and figured I'd post them here for others to find.

TRW Steering Components website with manuals Also accessed via http://www.TruckSteering.com

TRW's Official YouTube Channel

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
I have always just opened a line about half way and let it drain into a catch pan on the ground while flooding the system with new oil + working the steering until all the old oil is all replaced.

I typically drain the tank with a vacuum oil sucker to replace the filter after the flush.

Probably not the best way to do it, but that is all I ever do.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
(08-26-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  I have always just opened a line about half way and let it drain into a catch pan on the ground while flooding the system with new oil + working the steering until all the old oil is all replaced.

I typically drain the tank with a vacuum oil sucker to replace the filter after the flush.

Probably not the best way to do it, but that is all I ever do.

That's pretty much in line with other sources I've found online today and the steps outlined in the service manuals found on the website I linked to above, TRW Service Procedure #SRV-100 - Flushing And Filling The Steering System.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
08-27-2023, (Subject: Power Steering Noise ) 
Replaced the pump today, flushed old fluid, new filter and new fluid. Hoses are on my to-do list for this fall. Well, looks like I figured out the root cause of failure. Last time the fluid and filter were changed by a shop they also replaced the reservoir cover which was cracked. Well, I think they did a crappy job since I found 2 pieces of broken off plastic that look exactly like the plastic cover (same size and shape as the round fill tube). They were stuck in the pump inlet fitting restricting flow. Pump may actually still be good but I wasn't gonna chance it. New one is on and old one is back in my parts bin in case of emergency.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SquareOne , tree98 , Andre_The_Giant , Toolguy
08-28-2023, (Subject: Power Steering Noise ) 
The millionth example of why NOT to have other people work on your truck. Just a general statement Jim, not directed at you.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress , JimT
09-04-2023, (Subject: Power Steering Noise ) 
(08-28-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  The millionth example of why NOT to have other people work on your truck. Just a general statement Jim, not directed at you.

Absolutely the same sentiment I've developed over the years. And the only way I have been able to successfully do my own work is because of the information and support from this forum. Without it my engine would have been toast long ago.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
09-05-2023, (Subject: Power Steering Noise ) 
Speaking of which.. I had forum member 'zuoo' over here the other day.

here is that outcome...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid77827

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-05-2023, (Subject: Power Steering Noise ) 
(09-05-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  Speaking of which.. I had forum member 'zuoo' over here the other day.

here is that outcome...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid77827

Maannnnn, I just finished reading through that post....seriously that was unreal! I kept saying to myself, "No f'n way!!!!," then I'd get to the next paragraph.... ridiculous a 'shop' would do something that destructive....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.