Injector cam bearings
12-14-2023, (Subject: Injector cam bearings ) 
RE: Injector cam bearings
(12-14-2023 )Colter Wrote:  I wouldn't do bearing unless they don't meet the conditions for reuse which on that engine is copper showing more then 180degrees around bushing. There may not be enough room for the tooling depending on how close the firewall is. They also need to have the oil galleys lines up perfectly as you cam carries the oil. If the bushings are worn out I would change the head which would probably lead to an in-frame if you wanted to avoid having to do it again in a shorter time. If the bushings are okay just replace the cam.

There is a groove in center of the bearings for injector cam.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
12-14-2023, (Subject: Injector cam bearings ) 
The head is junk........

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
12-15-2023, (Subject: Injector cam bearings ) 
must have run a while with that chewed up cam. It would not surprise me if you find damage to the rod/main bearings either.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-15-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  must have run a while with that chewed up cam. It would not surprise me if you find damage to the rod/main bearings either.

Yes engine needs a complete overhaul. Found a good used, but wondering if it’s a good swap candidate

Current serial number is 79241829
New would be 79300309
replyreply
Groove is debris carried through the oil system into the cam and then out to that bearing, as stated needs an overhead, all your bearings could have damage like that as that cam is the furthest away from the oil pump.
replyreply
In need of an engine
{I need a new engine} ...

Current specs
Serial 79241829
Isx 485
Cm 871
Cpl 2733

Truck is 2008 kw t660 132” sleeper 18 speed 3.55 rears. Demandated.

What should I be looking for specs on a used engine? What years/cpl will simplify the swap? Funds are extremely tight. Planning complete overhaul of current engine. Current engine are an injector cam roller

I have Insite but not caltern at the moment.
replyreply
12-16-2023, (Subject: Injector cam bearings ) 
RE: In need of an engine
Why do you need an entire engine?. - Did the old one get a hole in the block?.

some history... etc?.

And you keep saying you ain't got no moneys.. THAT IS A REALLY BAD PLACE TO BE IN TRUCKING!!!... ESPECIALLY AS A TRUCK OWNER!!!!....

If you cannot afford to finance and properly maintain/replace proper components on your truck and do proper repairs then you need to go get a job as a company driver for a while and save up to do the repairs right.

As far as engine is concerned ... If it actually needs replacing due to not being able to inframe it at all ... then put back in it what came out of it,.. plain ans simple.

And if the engine is in bad enough shape to need an inframe.. then that is the best opportunity to INVEST IN THE TRUCKS PROFITABILITY AND FUTURE by going all out and making that enigne into a million mile gem that will give lots of years of service life (and profits) .. instead of trying to replace it with something just as questionable and wasting all your damn moneys.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid70606

(Nickel and Dime trucking) ...
I kick people off of here for constantly saying/bic#ching that their broke all the damn time and then trying to nickel their way thru their repairs and trucking operations. There is no place for half-arsse, band-aide trucking on my forum!!. There is no profit or moneys in doing things that way and nothing but grief for everyone with that general attitude, and I do not want it to be a part of this place!.

so WAKE THE H##$LL UP AND START FIGURING OUT WHAT YOUR DOING SO DAMN WRONG TO BE SO DA$M BROKE AS A TRUCK OWNER !!!. GET A DAMN HANDLE ON WHATEVER BAD DECISIONS YOU HAVE MADE OR GO BACK TO BEING A COMPANY DRIVER UNTIL YOU CAN GET ENOUGH CAPITOL TO DO THINGS RIGHT AND RELIABLY AND START OVER!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
And if there is a de-mandate program in that ecm then assume it is harmful to the engine. More than 90% of all delete programs are. It needs to be copied out of the ecm and e-mailed to me for a proper review of what someone did in there.

replyreply
(12-16-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  Why do you need an entire engine?. - Did the old one get a hole in the block?.

some history... etc?.

And you keep saying you ain't got no moneys.. THAT IS A REALLY BAD PLACE TO BE IN TRUCKING!!!... ESPECIALLY AS A TRUCK OWNER!!!!....

If you cannot afford to finance and properly maintain/replace proper components on your truck and do proper repairs then you need to go get a job as a company driver for a while and save up to do the repairs right.

As far as engine is concerned ... If it actually needs replacing due to not being able to inframe it at all ... then put back in it what came out of it,.. plain ans simple.

And if the engine is in bad enough shape to need an inframe.. then that is the best opportunity to INVEST IN THE TRUCKS PROFITABILITY AND FUTURE by going all out and making that enigne into a million mile gem that will give lots of years of service life (and profits) .. instead of trying to replace it with something just as questionable and wasting all your damn moneys.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid70606

(Nickel and Dime trucking) ...
I kick people off of here for constantly saying/bic#ching that their broke all the damn time and then trying to nickel their way thru their repairs and trucking operations. There is no place for half-arsse, band-aide trucking on my forum!!. There is no profit or moneys in doing things that way and nothing but grief for everyone with that general attitude, and I do not want it to be a part of this place!.

so WAKE THE H##$LL UP AND START FIGURING OUT WHAT YOUR DOING SO DAMN WRONG TO BE SO DA$M BROKE AS A TRUCK OWNER !!!. GET A DAMN HANDLE ON WHATEVER BAD DECISIONS YOU HAVE MADE OR GO BACK TO BEING A COMPANY DRIVER UNTIL YOU CAN GET ENOUGH CAPITOL TO DO THINGS RIGHT AND RELIABLY AND START OVER!.
Some recently bad decisions and a death in the family have wiped out the funds and fund stream.

Firstly bought the new to us knowing it had some issues. We ordered the parts to take care of the known issues. Had some reserve funds to take care of other issues, but not enough for a complete out of frame overhaul due to metal going through the engine and wiping out the crank. The crank has marks that you can catch a fingernail on. Therefore at the very least the crank needs to be polished and block jet cleaned and all oil passages scrubbed.

Truck ran and sounded good on test drive. There was no indication of the nightmare we were going to find during the overhead.

Secondly worst decision, Sold the truck we were running till this point to a friend in need on weekly payments, so yes they’ll be money coming in but not fast enough to cover this.

Myself and my wife literally live in the truck on the road. It’s our livelihood and our home.

Medical bills and funeral costs wiped out our reserves that would’ve covered these big expenses and covered our day to day bills until truck was completed.

There’s no company driver position that’s going to pay enough to put us back on track. Therefore the short term solution is to get a used engine, put this truck back together and get back to work. Save up our reserve funds then build the engine the right way.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.