X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake
01-29-2024, (Subject: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake ) 
RE: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake
Did you do the mechanical and electronic calibrations on the turbo?
replyreply
01-29-2024, (Subject: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake ) 
(01-29-2024 )PolishHammer Wrote:  Did you do the mechanical and electronic calibrations on the turbo?
The actuator was already mounted on turbo. I called manufacturer and they said it's already calibrated. So I installed and verified calibration passed test on insite.
replyreply
01-30-2024, (Subject: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake ) 
Is it an Oem turbo? I have seen 90 percent of the aftermarket turbos not mechanically calibrated and or the shaft that runs from the vgt to the body of the turbo slip on the cheep 2 piece shaft they use now. Oem and I still chekc myself to see if it's mechanically in the right spot
replyreply
01-30-2024, (Subject: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake ) 
(01-30-2024 )PolishHammer Wrote:  Is it an Oem turbo? I have seen 90 percent of the aftermarket turbos not mechanically calibrated and or the shaft that runs from the vgt to the body of the turbo slip on the cheep 2 piece shaft they use now. Oem and I still chekc myself to see if it's mechanically in the right spot
No it's not oem.
replyreply
(01-28-2024 )Jakt2016 Wrote:  It makes about 31 to 32 psi. Pulling hard.

I'm not sure exactly on the boost when it starts. Seems the one time I caught it it was about 20 psi. When it started. That's in the 3rd stage.
Imap I put in new 170k ago and cleaned it 60k ago.
The back pressure I put in new 170k ago. But haven't cleaned.
Factory cac.
Turbo is a atl diesel.. american diesel products is who makes it. Yes I know I should of went cummins. Wish I could have.

== 31,32 psi is ok for that model engine.

== 20-psi during enigne brake is ok for on that model engine.

It could be the turbo itself or some other restriction somewhere.

And just to clarify.. what are you calling 'chuffing'?... and are you sure its the turbo doing this?.

Has anyone checked to ensure the engine passes an injector leak-down test?. - It could be a leaky injector causing the engine brake to stutter like that.
(injector leak test procedure): http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-30-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-28-2024 )Jakt2016 Wrote:  It makes about 31 to 32 psi. Pulling hard.

I'm not sure exactly on the boost when it starts. Seems the one time I caught it it was about 20 psi. When it started. That's in the 3rd stage.
Imap I put in new 170k ago and cleaned it 60k ago.
The back pressure I put in new 170k ago. But haven't cleaned.
Factory cac.
Turbo is a atl diesel.. american diesel products is who makes it. Yes I know I should of went cummins. Wish I could have.

== 31,32 psi is ok for that model engine.

== 20-psi during enigne brake is ok for on that model engine.

It could be the turbo itself or some other restriction somewhere.

And just to clarify.. what are you calling 'chuffing'?... and are you sure its the turbo doing this?.

Has anyone checked to ensure the engine passes an injector leak-down test?. - It could be a leaky injector causing the engine brake to stutter like that.
(injector leak test procedure): http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483
I just did injector leak down it lost about 300 psi. That's all. Atl is sending me a new turbo.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.