motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15
02-13-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
RE: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15
Absolutely..... it slowly tearing it's guts out the whole time.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
02-13-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
(02-13-2024 )aarmon8908 Wrote:  
(02-11-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
You need to copy that program out of that ecm yourself and stop using 'tuning guys' and then relying on 'how it feels', as a measure of how bad that delete program may or may not be. More than 90% of all de-mandate programs are absolutely harmful to the engine and cause progressive damage that sets in over time, and it has nothing to do whatsoever with 'how it feels' or anything else you can measure externally.

Is it possible or likely for a delete program to be bad even after driving nearly 200k miles without these said issues?

ABSOLUTELY..

Your statement just above is the same as someone saying.. "If I don't ever look at my oil, ..and the engine seems to run just fine for the last 100,000+ miles ... then the oil must not be going bad and not causing any damage that I can feel from driving it so far .. so it still must be doing its job right??.

KNOWING SOMETHING FOR SURE, BECAUSE YOU HAD IT PROPERLY CHECKED OUT ... AND ASSUMING ALIKE A FOOL BECAUSE YOU GOT AWAY WITH IT SO FAR ARE 2 VERY DIFFERENT THINGS!!!

You now have the ability to know .. instead of assume. - Never assume, especially with something well known to be more than 90% likely bad and harmful. It costs someone dearly in the end, and they end up learning something the hard way financially.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech
02-15-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
(02-11-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
You need to copy that program out of that ecm yourself and stop using 'tuning guys' and then relying on 'how it feels', as a measure of how bad that delete program may or may not be. More than 90% of all de-mandate programs are absolutely harmful to the engine and cause progressive damage that sets in over time, and it has nothing to do whatsoever with 'how it feels' or anything else you can measure externally.

What’s your email?
replyreply
02-15-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
(02-15-2024 )aarmon8908 Wrote:  ...
What’s your email?

I PM'd you my e-mail address.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-22-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
(02-11-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-11-2024 )aarmon8908 Wrote:  My mechanic has already checked the battery connections. I will get him to recheck the starter cables tomorrow. I did just recently buy an ecm, but I wanted to try EVERYTHING first before taking my truck 4 hours away to the tuner (Trucks deleted) This is the original ecm and I've driven the truck about 160k mi since the delete with no issues until recently

Get yourself a cheap win10 laptop.. a $300 inline-6 kit data-link adapter and copy it out yourself. Stop setting yourself up for 'relying/trusting blindly on other places' for something that most of the truck owners around here can figure out on their won. Besides that, everyone who owns a red cry-baby should have at least the software and tools (Insite and CT) to see what it is crying about when that Check engine light comes on.

- Its like having to call the TV repair man and pay a service fee to help you change the channels on your Television because you are missing the remote control, and there are no buttons on the TV itself. how about instead.. BUY THE DAMN REMOTE!

Copy out and E-mail that program to me for a proper review of what someone did in there, and stop that issue of having to rely on someone else in its track once in for all. Or simply calling them up and asking them for a copy of the program that they made for you and flashed into your ecm. -If you get a refusal or an excuse ... then RUN LIKE H#ELL THE OTHER WAY!!.

Of all the people that I know and have seen that actually do proper programming work, they would all tell you, and would recommend to you, that you having a copy of your own custom program is a good idea, ... just so that you have it in case the ecm ever dies, etc.

Beside that, as a truck owner YOU ABSOLUTELY need a copy of any custom programming that was done to the truck/engine. This makes it where you are not dependent on some joe somewhere that is going to charge you whatever they like just to 'make your truck work again' whenever you have an issue like this. It is bad business practice to put yourself in this situation.

I have inline software in my laptop. can you show me how to copy my ecm original program to video. i had original program on it
replyreply
02-23-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
(02-22-2024 )nirubini Wrote:  ...
I have inline software in my laptop. can you show me how to copy my ecm original program to video. i had original program on it

this post may help...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid72945

replyreply
02-23-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
Wow, it's kind of wild that you've already swapped out a bunch of throttle-related parts. And hearing that others on a forum had similar issues and fixing the ECM power wire helped them out, that's definitely worth considering for your situation too.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.