Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 2012 peterbilt 386 isx Cummins cm 2250 regen issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone

I have 2012 peterbilt 386 Cummins cm 2250. I been having issues with dpf system.

I have alr day replaced the dpf filter. And put new egr valve in today but I am still having problems with this system. Truck keeps asking for regen even when I just started doing force regen thru insite. Regen doesn't complete on it own and had regen going for almost 2 hours so I stopped it my self. Any ideas what I should do now. I can't do @m*m^2 yet. That is my last option
(11-13-2016 )Yc123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone

I have 2012 peterbilt 386 Cummins cm 2250. I been having issues with dpf system.

I have alr day replaced the dpf filter. And put new egr valve in today but I am still having problems with this system. Truck keeps asking for regen even when I just started doing force regen thru insite. Regen doesn't complete on it own and had regen going for almost 2 hours so I stopped it my self. Any ideas what I should do now. I can't do @m*m^2 yet. That is my last option
You have Insite so post the data log here we can see parameters.
Who did DPF replace? Did they reset DPF?
Check the Delta-P sensor and the tubes for it. the bushings like to crack and give false alarms and regen problems.

Also, make sure you do not have the temp sensors w=swapped.. it is possible for this to happen on some trucks.

Inlet temp should start out higher than outlet temp after Doser fires,.. and it will be the t=other way around after everything gets above 1000 degrees. the outlet should be slightly high after while.

Also, snailexpress has a good point too,.. any time you replace DPF, you have to tell the ecm you did this with a DPF replacement procedure,.. or it will complain.
Dpf was changed nov 3rd. And dpf was reset. My mechanic I use locally does all my work. Which screen shot you need me to post. Results from aftermarked treatment history ?
Just replaced the egr valve today after code 3383.
Egr cooler was replaced July 7th 2016. Truck has 523k miles now
(11-14-2016 )Yc123 Wrote: [ -> ]Dpf was changed nov 3rd. And dpf was reset. My mechanic I use locally does all my work. Which screen shot you need me to post. Results from aftermarked treatment history ?
To have more information we need aftertreatment related parameters
[attachment=2174]
In left side where is PARAMETERS menu hit aftertreatment and run regeneration.
Insite will catch min and max then post it.
Doing a regen right now.

Is the egr valve position commanded suppose to be at 0
Started regen at 645pm

Outlet temp is at 988 and intake temp at 790
Catalyst at 550

And time right now is 6.35pm
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's