Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: DPF / ISX Problem TrUCK #2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2015 Prostar 500 ISX -

Engine Light came on with a Derate - DPF moderate severe level Etc

Pulled off sent to International Cleaned / Baked - All the codes clear except the Ash Level?
When I installed the freshly Baked DPF/Doc I did tell the ECM was cleaned thru insite.
Did a forced Regen no change, Dealership told me to run it a round and let it go thru a couple Regens. NO Change

Is there a seperate Ash Counter in Cummins Insite? If so i have not found.

Is My Filter Done?
you say you had it cleaned and baked... did they flow-test it?

What does the regen history look like?
Clean on Sept 16
I will have to call about the Flow Test , the ticket has Doc and DPF passed Green Tag?

No Idea what that means, new to the DPF and learning
If they are more then 250k miles old...
Replace the DPF Delta-P sensor with a new one. Clean out the cross connecting pipes for it and ensure they are not leaky.

NOTE: This next step should ONLY EVER BE DONE if you have just baked, flow-tested, etc, the DPF, (or replaced it with new one) ...
-- Then perform a "Aftertreatment New filter Replacement" procedure in Insite.

Doing a reset for new filter with an old dpf that is not flowing like a 100% brand new one will cause a lot of problems and false assumptions by the ecm.
Yes Sir has 460K on truck

Thank you, I will do as you suggested along with EGR Tune-up and update post accordingly, Thank you for the help
Reference URL's