Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump (/showthread.php?tid=9074)

Pages: 1 2

Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump - Redland1 - 08-31-2023

Hello.I have a leak on the back end of my fuel pump just behind the fuel filter.There is two triangle shaped ports and it has a constant leak from one of them.Just discovered this morning in my pre-trip when I noticed two drips of fuel on the block and a weird idle at startup

RE: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump - Redland1 - 08-31-2023

So I found a picture of the two triangle pieces that are leaking.What are those and is the leak common?

RE: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump - Andre_The_Giant - 08-31-2023

Yeah it’s pretty common, cheap fix just a few gasket, but the whole ISFM does need to be removed. Take your time, clean everything nicely before putting it back together, torque the bolts and use anti seize

RE: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump - Rawze - 08-31-2023

Those triangle pieces are dampers for the fuel solenoids to help them with a more consistent plunger operation.

RE: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump - Redland1 - 08-31-2023

(08-31-2023 )Andre_The_Giant Wrote:  Yeah it’s pretty common, cheap fix just a few gasket, but the whole ISFM does need to be removed. Take your time, clean everything nicely before putting it back together, torque the bolts and use anti seize

Hopefully I didn’t mess them up I tried tightening them to see if the leak stopped

RE: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump - Redland1 - 09-01-2023

Once the damper’s are reassembled is there supposed to be a little gap between both covers?

RE: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump - Andre_The_Giant - 09-01-2023

Can u take a pic? I’m sure it’s fine it would be pretty hard to f them up

RE: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump - Redland1 - 09-01-2023

(09-01-2023 )Andre_The_Giant Wrote:  Can u take a pic? I’m sure it’s fine it would be pretty hard to f them up

I looked and they weren’t cracked.Got the O-ring’s and diaphragm replaced.Tested the truck for about 15-30 minutes today and it didn’t leak.Goong to take it down the road tomorrow and see what it does.

RE: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump - Redland1 - 09-11-2023

Was just thinking about this today and remembered that 2 weeks prior to the leaks I started to use Fuel OX Asphaltene additive to try and keep Asphaltene at bay.Could this have caused the O rings to go bad or was it just age?