Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump
08-31-2023, (Subject: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump ) 
Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump
Hello.I have a leak on the back end of my fuel pump just behind the fuel filter.There is two triangle shaped ports and it has a constant leak from one of them.Just discovered this morning in my pre-trip when I noticed two drips of fuel on the block and a weird idle at startup

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump
So I found a picture of the two triangle pieces that are leaking.What are those and is the leak common?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Yeah it’s pretty common, cheap fix just a few gasket, but the whole ISFM does need to be removed. Take your time, clean everything nicely before putting it back together, torque the bolts and use anti seize

User's Signature: I may be cross eyed, but i don’t cross thread
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
Those triangle pieces are dampers for the fuel solenoids to help them with a more consistent plunger operation.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-31-2023 )Andre_The_Giant Wrote:  Yeah it’s pretty common, cheap fix just a few gasket, but the whole ISFM does need to be removed. Take your time, clean everything nicely before putting it back together, torque the bolts and use anti seize

Hopefully I didn’t mess them up I tried tightening them to see if the leak stopped
replyreply
09-01-2023, (Subject: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump ) 
Once the damper’s are reassembled is there supposed to be a little gap between both covers?
replyreply
Can u take a pic? I’m sure it’s fine it would be pretty hard to f them up

User's Signature: I may be cross eyed, but i don’t cross thread
replyreply
(09-01-2023 )Andre_The_Giant Wrote:  Can u take a pic? I’m sure it’s fine it would be pretty hard to f them up

I looked and they weren’t cracked.Got the O-ring’s and diaphragm replaced.Tested the truck for about 15-30 minutes today and it didn’t leak.Goong to take it down the road tomorrow and see what it does.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Andre_The_Giant
09-11-2023, (Subject: Leak from behind CM870 fuel pump ) 
Was just thinking about this today and remembered that 2 weeks prior to the leaks I started to use Fuel OX Asphaltene additive to try and keep Asphaltene at bay.Could this have caused the O rings to go bad or was it just age?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.