Rawze's Daily blog...
04-16-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
Truck now has this morning, 1,067,186 miles on it and the fuel mileage is coming back. It took about 100k miles or so it seemed. It is breaking all the fuel records again and the oil is nice and clean again too. It had been turning dark brown a bit prematurely for a while there after the in-frame, but now it is back to its former glory.

The engine still has 3 of the original injectors in it, all original fueling and timing actuator solenoids, original cams, rockers, rollers, etc. The cummins re-man turbo now has 487,000 miles on it.

I had to replace a steer tire yesterday on it. It had 140k miles or so and it had worn in the middle. It would have lasted a bit longer but I already had a new tire to put on it. I will be checking king pins again when it comes home this time. They have never been replaced. Last time I checked them they were 0.008" backlash on the passenger side, and 0.009" on the drivers side. Book says it is allowed 0.015" backlash, but I will go ahead and replace them when the drivers side reaches 0.010" just because they are now 1 million plus on them. I want to be safe more than anything else.

Fuel mileage is mid 8's to the pump on regular occasion. Hopefully we will be able to run some trouble free miles with the old truck and get some money saved back up to make up for what the hospitals and tax man took last year. Weather is nice here lately and I am getting back to working on some unfinished projects for once.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Signature620 , Kid Rock , gatow900 , in2trux

Messages In This Thread
Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-17-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-16-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.