Rawze's Daily blog...
04-20-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
(04-20-2016 )RPM1 Wrote:  do u have any picks of the main bearings and the cross hatch in the liners , just curious after that many miles , also how many hrs with that many miles , if truck had a hr meter

Running rough i would like to hear more about that jd with the qsx if u don't mind

I can get some photos tomorrow, from my observation as a layman they all looked good. The liners were all identical in their crosshatching. None of the liners had dropped according to Jaime, the mechanic. The pistons were good, as were the rings. The motor had just started using oil, about half a gallon at 12,000 miles. The bearings were just showing some wear, but nothing to the point of imminent failure. In fact, the guys in the shop were kind of amazed at how good everything looked, including the cams. The injectors looked like crap, O rings were toast, which explains my black smoke when shifting. And it passed the cylinder cut out test with 5 stars, I did not do a proper leak down test, but I knew I would replace all of the injectors when she went in for the in frame.

But one thing I can tell you, there were signs of SOOT EVERYWHERE! Things in Rawze's motor that are nice and shiny, not talking the bearings or journals, nothing like that, but internal surfaces, are all black as coal in mine. But, the mm was not done until it had went 750,000 +/- miles. Right now, she has roughly 900,000 miles on her.

What I did find, is that the head bolts, a few of them, were severely pitted. That I did find odd, but again, I am a layman at this stuff. I'll get some photos tomorrow, as I have to go up there again.

Hopefully have her back by Friday or Monday... The new turbo is yet to go on, and the fueling system is still off and yet to be rebuilt. Busy shop, and only one mechanic working on the motor per my request. From what I have seen, all looks good and is coming along.

The hours on the motor were low, I wish I could remember! I want to say 14,500. The truck has had a Tri-Pak on her since the time of original sale. But, it was a propane hauler and has idled to run the wet kit. I posted the number on the old site, and was told the hours on the motor were below average for the miles on the truck. Hope this helps.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-17-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Waterloo - 04-20-2016
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.