Rawze's Daily blog...
04-21-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
(04-21-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-20-2016 )RPM1 Wrote:  do u have any picks of the main bearings and the cross hatch in the liners , just curious after that many miles , also how many hrs with that many miles , if truck had a hr meter

Running rough i would like to hear more about that jd with the qsx if u don't mind

I have not pulled my main bearings yet,... going to do that today or tomorrow. All the "visitors" to the shop over there has seriously slowed me down.

I have video footage of everything too,.. and will hopefully be posting it on Youtube as a saga lol.

With so little wear on the rings,.. The liners have almost no wear too. Number 6 got washed out by the slow coolant drip (minor injector cup leak) it had though it was not using oil yet,.. you can just see it on the inside of the liner walls. Most of the crosshatching on that one cylinder is gone.

yes antifreeze is the worst thing in the combustion chamber , in our race cars we ran water for that very reason , blow a head gasket get coolant in chamber an u can guarantee its toast
8 new pistons because u need to bore over size , wear as just a head gasket replace .

your valve train is what amazes me well rod bearings also but cam surfaces there wear patterns or lack there of an rollers on cam followers/ rockers . your whole motor just looks so clean inside , reminds me of gasers i have rebuilt an at 100k pull valve cover an still look like new , i run or was at the time running mobile delavac 15 40 am on to the delo 15 40 now in everything , i am sure that that bye pass filter good oil that u run an not letting u oil changes go long besides u @m*m^2 all have contributed to what u have now , that an u guys don't beat on an abuse u truck , i have seen gas engines with more burnt oil an carbon on there pistons with way less miles that what u have there . i still say the isx has to low of oil presser but it seams that gear lube dose wonders so mush so i am going to start adding it to all my engines
cat Detroit international john Deere Perkins ford even my pick up an cars , i usely run my stuff till their's not much left. i have always said good oil an change often is cheep maintenance.
bar that injector cup problem i think u motor would of gone 1.5 m miles with just replacing them cam bearings or normal fuel system wear items . good job rawze more money in your pocket less in others
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-17-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - RPM1 - 04-21-2016
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.