Rawze's Daily blog...
05-14-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
(05-13-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-13-2016 )Brock Wrote:  What caused you to do a inframe? Did you have a failure or was it just getting tires and you wanted to stay ahead of it?

IT WAS NOT THE HEAD GASKET. -- It was a leaky injector cup in the head, and some of the valves, you could see oil seeping from them in the intake, indicating the guides were starting to wear down. -- really, all it needed was a head, but at 1 million on it,.. I decided to do the whole thing as a preventative step.

If i could go back in time and do it again,.. I would have replaced the head at 700k miles as a scheduled maintenance item,.. The rest would likely have lasted 1.5 mil or more easily,.. when the next head was due again.

When this head gets 700k on it,.. I am going to replace it and continue on. It seems that 90% of all problems with ISX CM871's internal to the engine is in fact the head. It simply wears out at 700 - 800k no matter what you do. After that, it is simply a matter of time before it fails.

Been awhile since we had that conversation, head related than, LOL! No kidding on these heads? 700k or there about? Right about the time mine failed too... I will start putting my pennies away.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-17-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Waterloo - 05-14-2016
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.