EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR WARNING
04-16-2023, (Subject: EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR WARNING ) 
RE: EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR WARNING
Just had this same scenario happen to me. On this truck just purchased (18' w/an X15) I had a couple 'data erratic' or 'above normal' CEL's come up within the last two runs for the IMPA and EBP. One the first 320mi run (IMAP sensor), one the second 320mi run (EBP sensor)

Both of these were purchased online form a supposed OEM source. The aftermarket and counterfeit guys are getting pretty damn good at recreating the Cummins look. From the sensor all the way to the box and packaging. Minus some very slight variances in the lazer-etching (and the fact that they don't work in short time), it is very difficult to tell between true OEM and the knockoff. Windowrattler was spot on about the grey market counterfeits. It def fooled me.

The price should dictate it, but these were not much cheaper than the dealership ones. What a PITA to complete preventative maintenance only to begin chasing a problem you just created.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR WARNING - SquareOne - 04-16-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.