Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away
11-05-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
RE: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away
(11-05-2017 )Shokar92 Wrote:  Okay wait what if I have disconnect the pipe from the turbo that goes to SCR and try starting it? if the engine starts that means theres a clog downstream and if it doesnt that means its the turbo?
Yes. We don't know for now where is problem in exhaust. Or closed turbo, or clogged SCR (DPF)
Connect back EGR pipe or what you disconnected and open exhaust right after aftertreatment injector. If engine will run the problem not in turbo. Another quick test is have someone to turn ignition on while you staying by the turbo and listening. Is it make some sound like parts chaffing. If so the actuator is moving.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Shokar92
11-05-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
(11-05-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 )Shokar92 Wrote:  Okay wait what if I have disconnect the pipe from the turbo that goes to SCR and try starting it? if the engine starts that means theres a clog downstream and if it doesnt that means its the turbo?
Yes. We don't know for now where is problem in exhaust. Or closed turbo, or clogged SCR (DPF)
Connect back EGR pipe or what you disconnected and open exhaust right after aftertreatment injector. If engine will run the problem not in turbo. Another quick test is have someone to turn ignition on while you staying by the turbo and listening. Is it make some sound like parts chaffing. If so the actuator is moving.

I tend to agree with most of this...

I have seen a few times where the turbo slams all the way to 100% closing. The typical symptom is not that the engine will not run but rather the engne idles, but chokes so badly that it will not rev up much more than about 800 - 900 rpm or so erven when you press the throttle all the way down. It also sounds like it is laboring very badly when you do this and you can tell there is something very wrong.

It is still possible in theory for the engine to die if the turbo is 100% closed and stuck there. Because of this, I would not rule it out as being the problem. -- But before you do so, like the others have said, re-connect the EGr piping, disconnect the exhaust piping right after the turbo and crank it up to see if it stalls out again. also inspect the short pipe behind the turbo (where the doser injector is ) to see if it is not blocked with anything.

Lastly, there is also this... The SCR doser pipe > as others have mentioned. here is a reference ot that one.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...07#pid1807

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Midland , Old Driver
So I took the pipe off the back of the turbo and it won't start

The turbo actuator is making a buzzing noise when the keys on and doesn't stop for a while.

Now debating that the trucks being driven over 600,000 miles probably just smarter to throw on the turbo with new actuator installed on it already..

There is also soot on the pipe behind the turbo that goes to SCR.

I'm going to remove the turbo now and for the hell of it remove the actuator to see what the problem was..
replyreply
Took the actuator off and the turbo was stuck and I managed to free it a little with my hand and actuator itself wouldn't turn either by hand
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-06-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
Anyone know any place I can get a reliable turbo with actuator??

My current turbo is

Assy: 3781362
Serial# P1301300124
Cust:3781369
Model:HE400VG

I was looking on Peterbilts online website and I cant find this one

I also looked at Quick serve and I still cant seem to find one

my engine serial number is 79637834

Another question I have is, I seen some turbos with Turbo and actuator put together.. that are rebuilt..
{name removed} has those listed right now with different part numbers but would those turbos require you to take off the actuator before installing it? and using insite or could you simply "plug and play" with those ones..
replyreply
11-06-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISX15 2013 won't start and cranks over and turns off right away ) 
Could I also put a different part numbered Turbo on there? Or does it have to be the exact same one? I don't want problems just noticed that some of the turbo suppliers are cheaper on the Eastern side of the side US than over here on the Western side.
replyreply
Your turbo is a holset made by cummins. Go online and type in the he400vg and call the appropriate mfgr if the turbo was what you ended up finding as being the issue. The code that you gave i am far from a know it all but most codes have a pid or sid in front of it then a 3 numbers or something. If the guy who came out didnt even have insite im not sure how he was even able to connect with your ecm. Everybody wants a piece until there isnt any left.
replyreply
(11-06-2017 )Shokar92 Wrote:  Could I also put a different part numbered Turbo on there? Or does it have to be the exact same one? I don't want problems just noticed that some of the turbo suppliers are cheaper on the Eastern side of the side US than over here on the Western side.
Try {name removed}. They are about a 45 min drive from you and you may benefit from the exchange.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
(11-06-2017 )trucklogger2 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 )Shokar92 Wrote:  Could I also put a different part numbered Turbo on there? Or does it have to be the exact same one? I don't want problems just noticed that some of the turbo suppliers are cheaper on the Eastern side of the side US than over here on the Western side.
Try {name removed}. They are about a 45 min drive from you and you may benefit from the exchange.
Everybody is big about OEM parts Which means if it's a Cummins part you get it from Cummins and not China or South Africa xandra also peterbilt wouldn't be the ones to have it since your motor is a Cummins motor and that's Commons produced Turbo from what I see What I see so if I was you I would just call them with the number and start pricing stuff out yadayada
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.